Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2006 Flab Fighting & Fitness Feedback Forum
Right

This didn't work last year, but it sure is going to this year. Currently weighing in at 107kg (17 stone) target 14 stone. Started at gymn today and cutting out alcohol during the week.

Those are my intentions, lets see what happens.!!
Good for you Mcamp! I need to lose 15kg and desperately need to get fit! I started at the gym on Monday and boy am I sore. I can hardly walk. I am already very tempted to stop, but know that I have to keep going.

So : Just hou moed :chorus:
a ) Namely , if you start doing well in the gym , then some muscle should replace some flab ( fat ) , and with muscle being heavier , your weight should then go up , not down! This might disappoint you as you check the scales...
b ) For those who are "quite" overweight , it would be prudent to ask your usual doctor , about the scope of exercise advisable , before you injure yourself , or worse...( Not that most of Brit-GPs are much "with it" , what to do ? ).
c ) in the long run , yo-yo dieting and watching one's weight up'n'down'n'up again , is only a torture and a heartbreak ; long-term weight loss by better nutrition and permanent good habits seems a better answer , as in : avoiding/cutting out the white bread & other over-refined starches , the lager , the spirits , the animal fats ( except goat cheese ) , making sure of bran/roughage and fruit for breakfast , not indulging in sugary stuff , not drinking booze on empty stomach ( as sensations of hunger pangs soon follow ) ...
The subject is dear to my heart so : Sorry , to be such a bore!
Well, since June last year I have lost almost 20 kg's from cutting out the norties and being sensible.
I know myself, and I am NOT going to be able to maintain an exercise regime, so I am aiming to do this solely through diet. If I hit the brick wall, well then I will have to rethink things.
I still have at least another 20 to go though, but am still feeling motivated... amazing how being able to sit in your aeroplane seat comfortably for the first time in years does for one's enthusiasm to keep going! Big Grin

So watch this space ... hopefully soon I'll be able to show you my New Improved Version!
Well done Dudette! That's fantastic. :thumbs:
I am also just cutting the norties, not on any specific diet. But because I get absolutely no exercise and sit in front of the computer all day I don't lose unless I exercise as well.

I have found that cutting out supper also helps me to lose quicker.
Ray Wrote:a ) Namely , if you start doing well in the gym , then some muscle should replace some flab ( fat ) , and with muscle being heavier , your weight should then go up , not down! This might disappoint you as you check the scales...
b ) For those who are "quite" overweight , it would be prudent to ask your usual doctor , about the scope of exercise advisable , before you injure yourself , or worse...( Not that most of Brit-GPs are much "with it" , what to do ? ).
c ) in the long run , yo-yo dieting and watching one's weight up'n'down'n'up again , is only a torture and a heartbreak ; long-term weight loss by better nutrition and permanent good habits seems a better answer , as in : avoiding/cutting out the white bread & other over-refined starches , the lager , the spirits , the animal fats ( except goat cheese ) , making sure of bran/roughage and fruit for breakfast , not indulging in sugary stuff , not drinking booze on empty stomach ( as sensations of hunger pangs soon follow ) ...
The subject is dear to my heart so : Sorry , to be such a bore!

Quite right Ray, I for one am one who excercises on a regular basis, but had a very bad year last year due to medical complications that completely ruined my training regime. I thus have to play serious catch up. The exercises that I will start off in the gymn will all be designed to burn carbs, and apart from stomach exercises I will be leaving any weights till later in the year. The diet change has already started taking place and is having limited effect so far.

So, lets see what the future brings Smile
I made no resolutions with regards to my weight or my fitness but will just cut out the *** as they say! :cheeky:

Also a friend has a place on the London Marathon and has asked me to do some training runs with her so am going to do that and that should keep my fit.
Have given notice at my gym as their fees are shocking. going to do some yoga privatly and have decided to take up a martial art so if anyone can suggest a good one, would be grateful.

Sterkte almal. :thumbs:
MCamp ,
after helluvalot of pain & sufferrings , I had a major surgery on lower back , in 2004 ( furtunately , for me : in the medical paradise that IS Belgium ! ) however : am prohibited now , from even attempting the running on tarmac/pavements and any hard surfaces , incl.treadmills !
Thus , besides milder forms ( boring! ) of exercise ,
thanxs goodness for the Schnautzer ! ( that also needs to be exercised daily )again ,
the correct , committed-to , long-term diet is super-paramount in containing the ever-expanding spare tire , for any one who sits around all day ( like yourz truly : in the office , at the restaurants , at home , in the car ...U name it! ), see ?
dudette Wrote:Well, since June last year I have lost almost 20 kg's from cutting out the norties and being sensible.
I know myself, and I am NOT going to be able to maintain an exercise regime, so I am aiming to do this solely through diet. If I hit the brick wall, well then I will have to rethink things.
I still have at least another 20 to go though, but am still feeling motivated... amazing how being able to sit in your aeroplane seat comfortably for the first time in years does for one's enthusiasm to keep going! Big Grin

So watch this space ... hopefully soon I'll be able to show you my New Improved Version!
Wow dudette, you plan to lose 40kg is total, that is a lot...
Losing 20kg is a huge amount of weight, I congratulate you!

:luck:
Ray Wrote:MCamp ,
after helluvalot of pain & sufferrings , I had a major surgery on lower back , in 2004 ( furtunately , for me : in the medical paradise that IS Belgium ! ) however : am prohibited now , from even attempting the running on tarmac/pavements and any hard surfaces , incl.treadmills !
Thus , besides milder forms ( boring! ) of exercise ,
thanxs goodness for the Schnautzer ! ( that also needs to be exercised daily )again ,
the correct , committed-to , long-term diet is super-paramount in containing the ever-expanding spare tire , for any one who sits around all day ( like yourz truly : in the office , at the restaurants , at home , in the car ...U name it! ), see ?

Likewise, thanks to knee ops I have had to resort to the same boring exercises, and I do struggle to maintain them. I have always enjoyed a team sport and cannot any longer. Oh well, the ravages of time eh!!