Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
86 emails.....
....all from the same person saying the same thing!

It started to roll in around 5pm - stopped and then kept coming again!

This email is going all over Europe.... someone is pulling his hair out.... and I am sure he is getting as many or more emails back telling him they really have received it .... oops another two just arrived .... :haha:

:bashpc: :comp: :bashpc: :comp:

... and another two....
:comp:
Where and whom from, do you know the sender at all?

Be careful, it may be harmful spam

I have often wondered why people waste their time in devolping spam (mail).. what purpose does it serve, I am sure by now most people delete it...

:tired:
Joan Wrote:Where and whom from, do you know the sender at all?

Be careful, it may be harmful spam

I have often wondered why people waste their time in devolping spam (mail).. what purpose does it serve, I am sure by now most people delete it...

:tired:

No, I know this person very well..... he had a little bit of a hiccup with his last letter too. Smile

Thanks for your concern. Smile

Pronkertjie Wrote:No, I know this person very well..... he had a little bit of a hiccup with his last letter too. Smile

Thanks for your concern. Smile

arme mens, hy of sy sukkel seker met die probleem, hoop hy/sy kry dit opgelos!

Ek sal darem hartseer wees as my e-mails soveel keer moet deurgaan!

Sterkte en blessings

of laat ek dit in Afrikaans tik ...seëninge

Joan
I feel sorry for the people who will open their inbox at work tomorrow....... Smile

Blessings terug. Smile
sounds like your friend may have some sort of virus.

decent anti-virus software will limit the number of outgoing emails in quick succession
Ade Wrote:sounds like your friend may have some sort of virus.

decent anti-virus software will limit the number of outgoing emails in quick succession

Hi Ade

Let's hope not!

It happened around 4 weeks ago too - he sends out a weekly email - and had a good reason for what happened then. I didn't get as many emails as this time though. I've blocked him now. Need to remember to unblock him tomorrow to hear what happened. Oh boy, lots of people won't be very happy with him ..... Smile

Ade Wrote:sounds like your friend may have some sort of virus.

I received 485 emails.... cleared my Junk Mail this afternoon ....
and then received an apology from the sender.

"Our humble apologies to you all who received hundreds of ww's last week!!

I returned from Rome on Friday to discover the drama that happened in my absence. After problems the week before, we had to change servers. Somehow the generic address of the mailing list had been included on the mailing list itself, as one of the addresses – a mistake caused either by technical staff or spam. This meant that, as the server sent out the weekly words to each recipient, it also came across the generic address and began to send it again to all the list, ad infinitum. The server is based in Canada and raising the appropriate support personnel in the middle of their night is not easy! ........"

His system manager wrote... "Thank you for your email concerning the weekly word of ......
> Yesterday was a misconfiguration made, which caused the email to .....
> replicate itself.
> This morning at 8:15 (GMT + 2) we pulled the plug on the server, and
> do not send any email anymore. We are looking how we can prevent this
> from happening next time."

:wall: :bashpc: :wall: :bashpc: Big Grin
:duh: :haha: :crylol:
Ade Wrote::duh: :haha: :crylol:

Glad it wasn't a virus!!!! But what pellawa for them! :bashpc:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: Beware Greetings Card emails TheDuck 0 5,374 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: