Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Battle Won
Having been on the receiving end of BJ's ex-husbands nonsense for many years I can really understand the hell you have been through. All in all we must have spent around R80000 fighting off his nonsense which included malicious charges of child abuse and assault. At least now you will get to keep your little girl AND despite the aggravation there is now a Section 7 on record which will count in your favour should this bitterness rear it's head again. Although this is now hopefully over, a piece of advice given to me by an extremely good lawyer. Keep a war book. You cannot go to a lawyer or court everytime there is a problem, often the trangression is a grey line area where it is more of a hassle than really bending the law. Typically it is things like returning the children late but having a "legitimate" reason. Write all of this down, date time and the reason given....you can only have a flat battery so many times. Over a period of time the evidence presents a pattern and this can effectively be used by a lawyer. Trust me, it;s a hassle to write down every time he is abusive, threatening or winds you up...but write it down because even though it is your word against his, you have a chronological list of events .....
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT
I've only read this now, but I would also like to extend my heartfelt best wishes to you and your little one. Roll on 17 March and Freedom!! Big Grin

:thumbs:
Thank you again kindly for your wishes. Just an update: We had our Final Directions Hearing this week. This is really about final preparation for 'the big day'. to ensure all witnesses and evidence is in order.

One his side, he had 2 barristers, a solicitor, a 'legal executive' and a legal secretary with him, I only had a solicitor. I felt intimidated by this, and am scared of next week. Perhaps it was a case of 'battle won' but the question remains who will win the war?

Anyway, he is contesting the Section 7 Report, and indicated he will lodge an Appeal if the outcome is not in his favour. House of Lords, here we come Sad
Quote:Originally posted by MissQtoe
Thank you again kindly for your wishes. Just an update: We had our Final Directions Hearing this week. This is really about final preparation for 'the big day'. to ensure all witnesses and evidence is in order.

One his side, he had 2 barristers, a solicitor, a 'legal executive' and a legal secretary with him, I only had a solicitor. I felt intimidated by this, and am scared of next week. Perhaps it was a case of 'battle won' but the question remains who will win the war?

Anyway, he is contesting the Section 7 Report, and indicated he will lodge an Appeal if the outcome is not in his favour. House of Lords, here we come Sad

What report is he contesting????

It does not mean he will win if he has an army on his side....love.....but i am holding big thumbs for u......Smile Smile
Hang in there, MssQ, not long to go now. As long as you and your solicitor have done your homework, Not even a hundred solicitors, legal secretaries or executives are going to change the fact of who the best parent for your children will be!

We're thinking of you and are sure that on the 17th, justice will prevail. :thumbs:

Take a deep breath and R E L A X . Smile
Some of you may know this, but others not. I'd like to raise a glass to the UK legal system today, as I have heard I will retain residence (custody) of my little girl.

The last 6 months of my life was hell, as my Brit ex applied for custody of our 3-year old daughter. The backstabbing and mud-slurring still stings, however throughout the blows my children and I persevered. It was a matter of one step forwards, two steps back....

The Court launched a full investigation, called a 'Section 7 Report', and I have today heard this report came out in my favour. My little princess will remain with her mum. Big Grin

Our final hearing is listed for the 17th of March, and your prayers will be welcomed. It is a tad premature, but at least now I think the outcome will be positive.

This whole joke costed him £ 28 K

congrats I am glad that things seem to be working out for you. So does that mean you can move back to Saffer land with her if you wantr to
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger Big Grin
Try not to feel intimidated...as impossible as that sounds, stay positive and I will be thinking of you on the 17th. You and your daughter will come out tops......don't worry........
MissQtoe, I am thinking of you today. Please let us know how it went. Smile
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
I spoke to MissQtoe last night and she was pretty bouyed up and confident of today.......so the whole thing ends at about 4pm.....so we will await her response...Smile

Hi there MissQtoe ........... :thumbs: for today hun Smile

It is said a fool and their money are easily parted, no more so it seems than in this case ............ and well done to you for persevering and giving your child as stable a home and life as you possibly could under the circumstances. You are a remarkable woman having endured what you have over the past year or so.

With regards to further appeals etc, they will cost your ex a lot of money and will get him and his family no-where. Regardless of the army that he and his family produce, the view and outcome of the court is rather simple - what is best for your child, and are you a fit parent to raise her (them). I do not see any doubt as to that outcome, you're a very capable and wonderful loving mother - short of abduction I do not see a way in which you will be parted from her.

I don't know the in's and out's of the case against you - but in this country one does have to show a lot of evidence to prove that a mother is not fit to raise their child, money has little to do with it, love and care is paramount in the laws eyes - something that you have an abundance of :thumbs: I have experience of this having raised my own child on my own, she is now 18 and all the better for it (barring drunk moments at Xmas do's!!!!)

With regards to the ex - well what of the future, now that you'll have won your case, it is time to get your financial affairs sorted with him and to arrange suitable maintenance for you and your children from him - having spent so much money on legal costs, he has little chance of claiming lack of finances. With regards to access also, decide on what is best in the long run for your daughter and yourself, with all of the annimosity that has gone on, would he/his family provide suitable guardians while they have your daughter in their care?

All the bery best MizzQ, have a great St Patricks Day :thumbs:

BH