Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Little Update
Hi there,

I have been keeping a very low profile the last few weeks....

At the end of a long Friday at my horrible job, my boss called me in and said that he is letting me go... he gave me no real reason for this but paid me for a month and told me that I could take up employment elsewhere whenever I feel like it... Truth be told, he bullied me really badly and I ended up with hardly any self belief or confidence...it was not just a me and him thing..well actually nobody gets along with him, and after speaking with the owner of the company, I now understand that they are looking for a replacement for him....but this came a bit too late for me....

Needless to say I was devastated 'coz I get along with everybody and I didnt do anything wrong at work and put in extra hours etc, but I havent been there a year so basically there is nothing I can do. I wasnt devastated 'coz of the job, just 'coz of the circumstances. If it hadn't been for this idiot, then working there would be fantastic...

I did some VA (Virtual Assistance) work from home and also some temp work for a while and on Friday I was offered a position during an interview and this morning I was offered another position... and this time I didnt go for money or prestige, but I went with what my gut is telling me... so I opted for the lesser paid job with less holiday but where I feel I will be a better fit... Just one thing.... I went for an interview this morning, and this is my dream job...

My dilema is such...the job with less money and holiday want me to start next week and I know that the job I really really would love to have are only doing 2nd interviews next week and I know I got the 2nd interview already....

What would you do?

Should I start the new job and still go for the dream job interview
Should I start the new job and forget about the dream job
Beans
Go with your gut instinct, it's usually right!!!!
You know, I learnt a long time ago that you never regret the things you've done, only those you haven't. Start the new job, but still go for the interview. You have nothing to lose. Good luck! :luck:
New Beginning Wrote:You know, I learnt a long time ago that you never regret the things you've done, only those you haven't. Start the new job, but still go for the interview. You have nothing to lose. Good luck! :luck:

I agree and totally understand where you are coming from ... seeing as I just went through a similar thing.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
I would start the new job and see how it goes, and then still go for the second interview.

The notice period for the new job should only be a week in the first few months, or if it's a temp job, you could walk out immediately. Not a great way to make friends, but I've found that loyalty of that kind gets you nowhere when you're playing with our own happiness or future.

Your dream job is your dream job, and you should let nothing else get in the way of getting it. You may ruffle feathers if you start the other job and leave soon after, but hey, nothing a bit of a) honesty or b) a made up story cannot cure, and they will forget about it once they've replaced you. They would just as quickly chuck you out and replace you if their circumstances changed, so why feel like you're obligated to them?

Look out for number 1!!!

Best of Luck!!!
oh beany i am sorry to hear about your horrible time,i think you should go for the job and go for the interview aswell!

just remember babes we are all here for you! :hug: :hug:
life is what you make of it
Follow your heart Beany.

:thumbs:
iceman Wrote:Follow your heart Beany.

:thumbs:

Ditto !!!

Good Luck !!!

:wings:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on farm beating gwasi 0 2,014 Less than 1 minute ago