Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of MP3 nights
Heh Heh,

I gave a guy at work some software for MP3 , Audio editing ( cooledit), only to find that he is an avid collector of music.

I borrowed his backup 120 Gig drive two nights ago, and now have over 30G of Mp3 's to sort through, some great oldies as well as some newies. ( The drive itself was absolutely full. It was difficult choosing, I can tell you!!!)

Never thought I would admit to knowing the words to a lot of old Everly bro's songs.... as well as ( for Jangar) Big Grin, Abba too.

Mental note, must go to bed a little earlier tonite. too many late nites this week.

Even discovered a lot of old Cat Stevens songs, did not know for instance that he originally wrote 'the first cut is the deepest' , this has recently just been covered again.
[color0blue]Dit was lekker by die see... Die Bodensee ( Lake Constance )[/color]
I didnt know that Cat Stevens sang "the first cut is the deepest".......thought it was Rod Stewart.........learn something new every dayRolleyes
yup, I thought so too, only to find in here that Rod actually covered it

http://catstevens.com/discography/songs/00079.html

A very interesting site, the FAQ section put a couple of myths to rest that i had believed about Cat Stevens.

Interesting that his actual name is not Cat Stevens, it is
Stephen Demetre Georgiou.
[color0blue]Dit was lekker by die see... Die Bodensee ( Lake Constance )[/color]
Although I havnt heard Cat Stevens sing it............I KNOW i prefer Rod Stewarts version Wink
He has a voice that grows on you, He is onr of my favourite artists
:friendBig Grinid he hey :wings:
Quote:Originally posted by Didier
He has a voice that grows on you, He is onr of my favourite artists

I think Cat will always be one of my fave artists. In one of his songs called wind of my soul he says : "I let my music take me where My heart wants to go". Ever since I heard that, I realised how true this can be. Music has been and always will be a big part of my life. I can say that 80% of the time I always have music on.
Quote:Originally posted by angelbabe
I think Cat will always be one of my fave artists. In one of his songs called wind of my soul he says : "I let my music take me where My heart wants to go". Ever since I heard that, I realised how true this can be. Music has been and always will be a big part of my life. I can say that 80% of the time I always have music on.

I also like a variety of music and although I am "thirty-something" have been listening to music most of my life - so thus know a lot of old stuff as well as new! ....... its nice that music can take you back to certain people,places or moments (good and bad )Rolleyes
Everything happens for a reason, we just dont know why!