• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allergies
Quote:Originally posted by Mark
i love snails, *CRUNCH*

mommy
mommy

:RIP:

sies u cruel boy....:haha: :haha:

Dani..i am allergic to anything remotely resembling housework..
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
i am allergic to anything remotely resembling housework..

eish, u would never guess but so am i hehehehehehehe

Big Grin
My :2cents: worth, when one is allergic to strawberries, you are often allergic to citrus fruits as well............... many people even develop migraines when they eat strawberriies and/or citrus fruit, I would then not say it is an allergy, but rather an intolerance.
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
My :2cents: worth, when one is allergic to strawberries, you are often allergic to citrus fruits as well............... many people even develop migraines when they eat strawberriies and/or citrus fruit, I would then not say it is an allergy, but rather an intolerance.

Joan if i eat strawberries i break out in hives, I have had more than one allergy test done ... and have come up for strawberries.

Some citrus fruits and drinks do give me a migraine if i have too much. Likewise I can not tolerate the smell of camomile, in any form and that gives me an acute migraine, because of this I have never even attempted to drink a camomile tea as just the smell makes me ill.
Quote:Originally posted by Daniela
Joan if i eat strawberries i break out in hives, I have had more than one allergy test done ... and have come up for strawberries.

Some citrus fruits and drinks do give me a migraine if i have too much. Likewise I can not tolerate the smell of camomile, in any form and that gives me an acute migraine, because of this I have never even attempted to drink a camomile tea as just the smell makes me ill.

So you see, I have not told any fibs!
Sorry to read about that Daniela!

I am a migraine sufferer too, so one has to be very careful indeed!Sad
I had an allergy test done once and it came out that I am allergic to milk, beef, cats dogs and horses.
Now what I find strange is that I do tend to eat beef or drink milk but don't react too badly to them, but if I do start getting asthmatic I cut back on those and voila!
Joan, the test was RAST or something like that ... could there have been some kind of error?
I heard that if you suffer from migraines you should avoid tomatoes and chocolate.....

Any truth in this Joan??

I am allergic to those material plasters, they give me a nasty rash, so I have to use the plastic ones, or those new hypo-allergenic ones....

Once got horrific hives when I had a tuna and tomato salad, although I have never had anything since...

And now it also seems I am allergic to summer, as I have hayfever!!!! :mad:

Joan is it worth my while to have an allergy test to see if they can isolate what it is that I am reacting so badly to??:
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
I heard that if you suffer from migraines you should avoid tomatoes and chocolate.....

Any truth in this Joan??

I am allergic to those material plasters, they give me a nasty rash, so I have to use the plastic ones, or those new hypo-allergenic ones....

Once got horrific hives when I had a tuna and tomato salad, although I have never had anything since...

And now it also seems I am allergic to summer, as I have hayfever!!!! :mad:

Joan is it worth my while to have an allergy test to see if they can isolate what it is that I am reacting so badly to??:

dudette, errors can be made and perhaps you should go for a second test.
Pam M... yes chocolates, tomatoes, red wine etc all contain ingredients that may trigger migraines, just as bright light can trigger such attacks.
I do not think allergy tests are always necessary, if you have seasonal rhinitis ( or seasonal hayfever) then it is going to be very difficult to determine which plants' pollen is responsible.
I think taking an antihistamine is the answer, using a nasal spray and or eye drops if the symptoms are severe during the hayfever period.
As far as the fishfood is concerned, I would be very cautious...do not know whether it was the tuna or the tomato in your case though...
Pam M... yes chocolates, tomatoes, red wine etc all contain ingredients that may trigger migraines, just as bright light can trigger such attacks.
I do not think allergy tests are always necessary, if you have seasonal rhinitis ( or seasonal hayfever) then it is going to be very difficult to determine which plants' pollen is responsible.
I think taking an antihistamine is the answer, using a nasal spray and or eye drops if the symptoms are severe during the hayfever period.
As far as the fishfood is concerned, I would be very cautious...do not know whether it was the tuna or the tomato in your case though...

Kewl, thanks!!! Am taking cetirizine at the moment, with Ranoptic eye drops.....was using Desloratidine with Opticrom which used to be better, but then thay sort of stopped being effective..... Are these good??
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks Joan... although I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a Rast test here in th UK Sad They did blood tests last time, not skin.