Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An ode to Mommies!!
From that very first moment of conception, your life changes for the better!!

You start to feel different within yourself, you feel somewhat tired but euphoric!! Strange to describe but you ladies will know who have had babies...then going to either buy a kit or see the doctor to confirm your pregnancy..then taking vitamins, eating healthily, watching yourself slowly change, either you get zits or your skin blooms, your hair falls out or either it is lustier than ever, you either look blooming marvellous or just plain shi1te!!

Falling asleep over the dinner table was not unusual for me, even while i had guests, the tiredness was exhausting to say the least but it only lasted for 3
months....

Then it is that sudden flutter of butterflies in your tummy, how i remember that, we went down to Scottburgh to the townhouse and i was laying in the lounge and felt strange, i put my hand to my tummy and it happened again, as if baby knew his Mommy was there....i was in 7th heaven that whole weekend, and baby did not stop kicking - he seemed to want me to know he was alive and going great guns....

Then it was collecting baby clothes, getting the nursery ready, putting in my notice at work, and sitting if not living in the swimming pool, going to ante-natal classes, meeting a whole lot of new Mommy's, exciting times!!

Towards the end, boy, did i curse!! Geez, the amount of times i had to get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet, the F words were mentioned alot.......

But when he came, i was happy, glad, bursting with pride, okay i was lucky i had two hours labour!! But i missed him alot in my tummy, i felt suddenly emptier, i mourned his loss in my tummy...i missed the kicking and the heartburn....and now he is 11.....Amazing to believe i bore him for 9 months and gave birth to this fascinating child...

How i love being a Mother!!
That is lovely, cubbie - you certainly have a talent! Smile