Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone involved in Catering/ Hospitality etc
I'd be interested in meeting/ chatting with people who are involved in catering/ cooking on a career level and who'd like to share their views on the industry, get some networking going and generally "helpmekaar".
As the profile indicates, I'm Head Chef at a restaurant located in the South East of England.

I look forward to hearing your views, tips and general guidance and will reciprocate in kind.
G
Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie
I'd be interested in meeting/ chatting with people who are involved in catering/ cooking on a career level and who'd like to share their views on the industry, get some networking going and generally "helpmekaar".
As the profile indicates, I'm Head Chef at a restaurant located in the South East of England.

I look forward to hearing your views, tips and general guidance and will reciprocate in kind.
G

I'm not so much in the catering side but i've been in F & B Management, Night Club Management and currently an Operations manager (acting GM) of an hotel.
Life is for living
Quote:Originally posted by buffalo
I'm not so much in the catering side but i've been in F & B Management, Night Club Management and currently an Operations manager (acting GM) of an hotel.

Howzit Buffalo

The idea was to get together with a broad spectrum of people involved in Catering etc so that we can share views, ideas and some useful tips.. not just the Chef point of view Wink LOL

Or have a good chuckle at some of the antics of guest and staff alike.

Look forward to further chats
Howzit Buffalo

The idea was to get together with a broad spectrum of people involved in Catering etc so that we can share views, ideas and some useful tips.. not just the Chef point of view Wink LOL

Or have a good chuckle at some of the antics of guest and staff alike.

Look forward to further chats

If u wanna have a good laugh i got one for u. This morning i knocked on the one door to check if there was anyone in there (i like to check through rooms to make sure they've been properly set-up) and noboddy answered. so i took out my key and opened the door.

I don't think i ever been so embarassed. A 70+ yr old couple going for gold. I glowed purple i think. the gent phoned down to reception a bit later to find out where the do not disturb sign in his room was.
Life is for living
the gent phoned down to reception a bit later to find out where the do not disturb sign in his room was.

LOL

did you send it up on the next Room Service trolley? Big Grin
LOL

did you send it up on the next Room Service trolley? Big Grin

I should haveBig Grin

One of those times it is better to practice discretion
Life is for living
I should haveBig Grin

One of those times it is better to practice discretion

Or gently whispered that if he lifted his spectacles to his face and looked under the glass cup (where his false teeth were resting for the night).. and directly above the proverbial Bible..

It probably wasn't there.. and was probably left on the inside of the bathroom door by some wisecrack Big Grin
Or gently whispered that if he lifted his spectacles to his face and looked under the glass cup (where his false teeth were resting for the night).. and directly above the proverbial Bible..

It probably wasn't there.. and was probably left on the inside of the bathroom door by some wisecrack Big Grin

I'd love to catch the wisecrack. That does it - no special days off for any of the staffBig Grin
Life is for living
I'd love to catch the wisecrack. That does it - no special days off for any of the staffBig Grin

I really enjoy this networking.. problem shared..

new problems created and sometimes solved Big Grin

Looking forward to the serious sides later
A problem i've already encountered my side of the world is that i can't get any "British" people to work for the hotel as they seem to think it is beneath them. I don't know if this is a trend in general of a once off for folkestone.

I'm also disappointed with the basic service levels and general operating standards/procedures (i assumed that this being a 1st world country they would be leaps and bounds ahead). Once again I don't know if this is the norm or not.
Life is for living