Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atkins was Obese
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
You omitted the Laughing face Toks. That sort of kinda means that someone is saying things tongue in cheek? Yeah?

I have replaced it up there, so take a look at how different the paragraph looks with it, as opposed to without it.

Without it, it is an opinion, with it, it is a touch of humour.

Yeah?

OK.

Big Grin

Really? Who made those rules and when? Whenever I put a smilie in my posts, it most certainly does not always imply it is tongue in cheek. I use them to sound less harsh, and to lighten up somewhat and add humor, but they do not alter my statements in any way.
popcorn, anyone?
Big Grin

*runs and dives for cover....
Quote:Originally posted by Toktokkie
Really? Who made those rules and when? Whenever I put a smilie in my posts, it most certainly does not always imply it is tongue in cheek. I use them to sound less harsh, and to lighten up somewhat and add humor, but they do not alter my statements in any way.

Whatever Raelin.
Quote:Originally posted by Mgv
popcorn, anyone?
Big Grin

*runs and dives for cover....

Nah, you can come out now *peeking under covers*
Too boring. :p
Nah, you can come out now *peeking under covers*
Too boring. :p

Does that mean you and Tara have finished your tiff? Wink

Just kidding - although for a few minutes there... Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Mgv
Does that mean you and Tara have finished your tiff? Wink

Just kidding - although for a few minutes there... Big Grin

Sorry to spoil your fun but there'll be a next time Wink Today's too nice and sunny.
Quote:Originally posted by Cali
Got to be honest and say that after seeing first hand what effect this diet has had on some of my work colleagues... I'm very thankful that I have never subscribed to any diet.

Hasnt' it now been advised that you shouldn't go on the Atkin's diet without a consultation with your doctor??

You should not go on any diet without consulting your doctor! Besides, Atkins is not really a diet, more a change of eating style which is no more or no less than many dieticians will advocate.
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT

Dr. Atkin's would not have to wear clothing that was too big for him. He dressed well and had enough money to replace suits that didn't fit. :cheeky:

Why not , I have always preferred loose clothing and that was no matter my weight. Many people do not like tight clothing, nothing wrong with that.....and even if he was fat....so what, I was recently told by a nurse at the surgery that I need to lose weight and she made me look anorexic. It is the old story of the cobblers kids shoes......
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atkins Diet whirlpool 42 17,988 18-05-2004, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Joan
  Atkins diet Joan 62 24,384 28-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Flangalistic
  Atkins Diet Ronnie 0 3,655 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: