Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attempted farm killing
My partner received news today that his uncle was left for dead at his farm in the Eastern Cape. He was in ICU for 3 weeks and has now put the farm up for sale - he is 79. To gain entry they must have been watching for a while as they killed all his dogs and knew his movements before entering

If it wasn't for his maids quick thinking there would have been 2 dead people. She hid until they had gone and came out, called the police and paramedics. Hats off to the police who caught the guys and managed to retrieve one of the cars. These guys took everything - cars, furniture, money - anything they could lay their hands on.

It has taken a while for the news to filter through to us but it has woken me up to the sheer brutality of the nation and now, due to actions of certain individuals there is one less farm. Jobs have been lost - a mans dignity - and for what? A government that cannot keep to its promises and lets the people down. A mentality of a nation who has decided to take instead of earn through hard graft. Makes me sick to think about it.

I still hope that one day this country will sort itself out but it won't be in my life time.
How terrible for another of South Africas farmers. My sympthies to you and your family. :lovef:
my sympathies gwasi,

I have lost 2 farmers dear to me in SA in the same brutal way.

:wehave:
most sad to hear this

Confusedad:

thank heavens it wasn't a fatal happening

Sad

blessings
So sorry to hear this Gwazi :mad:

But like The Duck says, Thankfully it wasn't a fatality.
Sorry to hear about this too Gwasi
Thanks guys. Passed it on to partner and he sends his thanks.

Just can't make any sense out of it, but as he said - "What took them so long?" :noway:

Duck you're right at least it wasn't fatal and that he's on the mend physically. Mentally he's different but I guess you would be.
How horrific! :yikes: I'm so sorry, gwasi! I'm glad that some of these brutes do get caught! :mad:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Sorry to hear about this too Gwasi.
:mad: Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on farm beating gwasi 0 1,987 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: