Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Babies have Arrived...
Well, the two kittens I agreed to foster are waiting in their carry box in the surgery. I will be taking them home at 5 and am looking forward to it!

They do seem to have a lot of personality, which is good. The male is black with a few white spots and the female is all black.

It is good to know we will have cats in the house again!
Bushbaby Wrote:Well, the two kittens I agreed to foster are waiting in their carry box in the surgery. I will be taking them home at 5 and am looking forward to it!

They do seem to have a lot of personality, which is good. The male is black with a few white spots and the female is all black.

It is good to know we will have cats in the house again!

What are their names?
Ah, they're going to change your home completely. Kittens are hard to beat for cuteness! :tat:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Venus - they have changed my sleeping pattern already! They are very precocious. The female (christened Ming by my sister) is the more timid of the two - she likes to be cuddled and is very affectionate. The male (christed Cole by same sister) is far more outgoing. Every cuddle turns into a mock fight, and he was flying around the room all through the night. I was woken several times with him crash landing on my head, chewing my toes, attacking my fingers, falling off things, etc etc.

They were wide awake at half four this morning, so I gave them their breakfast before I had to get up and going at half five. It was nice being able to play with them for a bit before having to head into work.

It is great having kittens again - it has been nearly 12 years since we had them last - these are already house trained as well, so that is one little task I do not have to face (yay!).
I have to agree, kittens are so cute and always so very busy!

:tat:

Ming and Cole, quite different names for kittens!

May they bring you lots of joy!
Joan Wrote:I have to agree, kittens are so cute and always so very busy!

:tat:

Ming and Cole, quite different names for kittens!

May they bring you lots of joy!

Thanks Joan.

Ming is named after a Siamese cat my grandmother had many many years ago. Cole was a name that just appealed to my sister. Anything that wasn't mittens, tiger, etc was ok with me!
Hope they have settled in well with you & are doing fine.
Curio - am catching up on sleep now that they have the run of the house in the evenings. The first two nights I did not get any sleep as they had to stay in my room (to protect them from the dog) overnight, and all they wanted to do was chew on any exposed body parts...
Bushbaby Wrote:Curio - am catching up on sleep now that they have the run of the house in the evenings. The first two nights I did not get any sleep as they had to stay in my room (to protect them from the dog) overnight, and all they wanted to do was chew on any exposed body parts...

You'll have to wear a spacesuit! :tat:

Do they have any toys of their own, my cat used to chew the wool as I sat knitting and then suddenly I would find that I had no more wool in the middle of a row!
Big Grin Big Grin
Joan Wrote:You'll have to wear a spacesuit! :tat:

Do they have any toys of their own, my cat used to chew the wool as I sat knitting and then suddenly I would find that I had no more wool in the middle of a row!
Big Grin Big Grin

They have a scratch post with a bauble thingy on it to attack. Mostly though they prefer to attack me. Which I don't actually mind at all as they are not able to inflict the same kind of damage as the ferrets did.

Oh, and Ming has undergone a name change. I was not comfortable with the name and my mom suggested Mnyani (or is it Mnyane) - Xhosa for 'black' - I like the sound of it so have made the change.