Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Eaters
Have you ever tasted McDonald's chicken nuggets? - they make a big mac taste like a gourmet meal in comparison Wink . Sometimes I'm not that surprised our kids are fussy eaters as "kid friendly" food often tastes really revolting. The other thing that bugs me is the manufactureres think because kids are eating them it is okay to skimp on the quality. Have you ever noticed how many brands don't use the actual fillet for chicken nuggets or fish fingers, and how low the percentage of chicken or fish is.
Hi Jem! Smile Yes, I have tasted a McD nugget & agree with you! Sick Iceland have a fantastic range for kids that are made with 100% chicken/fish/turkey, contain less salt than the adult equivalent, have zero artificial ingredients, no GM ingredients, etc. I buy them for my son (who, of course doesn't eat them! Rolleyes ) & always try something myself if it's new & they are really tasty. :thumbs:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Just an update. We're still receiving weekly visits from the nursery nurse & are starting to see vast improvements. My son will now eat potato waffles, toast & even sampled hamster food the other day!! :haha: He didn't like the hamster food very much...... :p
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Quote:Originally posted by Venus
Just an update. We're still receiving weekly visits from the nursery nurse & are starting to see vast improvements. My son will now eat potato waffles, toast & even sampled hamster food the other day!! :haha: He didn't like the hamster food very much...... :p

:thumbs:

What went right ?

PS - About the nuggets, I hope no-one is refering to their Chili-Cheese nuggets as they are great.... :p
I'm so pleased to hear there is improvement, Venus ... :thumbs: Your determination and perserverance are paying off... keep it up Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
:thumbs:

What went right ?

PS - About the nuggets, I hope no-one is refering to their Chili-Cheese nuggets as they are great.... :p

I've had to exert extreme patience & be ever so casual about meals so that there's been zero pressure on him to eat. Basically, making eating about eating rather than a battle of wills. At my nursery nurse's suggestion, I introduced my son to his own lunch box which we decorated with special stickers chosen by him. His meals are now served in this exciting container. I've had to learn some good marketing skills! Big Grin

I don't think we get Chili-cheese nuggest here. If we do, I've missed seeing them. Sad
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
I'm so pleased to hear there is improvement, Venus ... :thumbs: Your determination and perserverance are paying off... keep it up Smile

Thanks, dudette! Smile I've been very fortunate in having an excellent support system in place via these boards, my family & our local nursery nurse. If I ever have more children, I think I'll invite her to move in! Big Grin

By the way, my son was weighed a few weeks ago & was underweight for his normal growth chart pattern. So I was right to be worried.
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<