Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlackBerry
Ok... I feel as if I have been left behind in the dark ages! A friend of mine from SA came to visit today and he had a BlackBerry. I want to learn more about it and it's uses and obviously the costs of being wireless away from home....

Does anyone have a BlackBerry? And if you do, can you give me the easy laymans explanation of how it works etc.

I have looked it up on Google, but most of it is very technical.

:wall: :dazed: :confused:
Beans
Bean of Love Wrote:Ok... I feel as if I have been left behind in the dark ages! A friend of mine from SA came to visit today and he had a BlackBerry. I want to learn more about it and it's uses and obviously the costs of being wireless away from home....

Does anyone have a BlackBerry? And if you do, can you give me the easy laymans explanation of how it works etc.

Speak to Strawbs who works for one of the companies that market the product.

HH
:thumbs: Confusedurfing: Confusedunny:
Bean of Love Wrote:Ok... I feel as if I have been left behind in the dark ages! A friend of mine from SA came to visit today and he had a BlackBerry. I want to learn more about it and it's uses and obviously the costs of being wireless away from home....

It's fine but I can not see the advantage on my SE P910i that I had since last year.

As HH says - Strawbs are Queen on the BB Big Grin
Ok... :mrburns: :haha:

Its basically a device that runs mostly on GPRS and can link to your email and be used as a phone. It is synchronised with your pc, so that if you get an email in your inbox, it automatically re-directs to your Blackberry too. Another good feature is that if you delete a message from your Blackberry, it automatically deletes from your email inbox. The messages come through instantly and do not need to be "downloaded" as such. Think of it as carrying your "email inbox" and a phone all in one.

I only really know the ins and outs of Blackberry that run through a server (i.e. corporate companies), however, you can use it with your hotmail/yahoo/globalbuzz-sa/gmail, etc email addresses....

I will find out a whole lot more on what the costs for personal use are when Im at work tomorrow.

If you have any other questions... as I may have missed out on some detail due to a consumption of :celeb: earlier... please feel free to give me a shout and I will help out in any way I can!

:engel: