Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what i cooked last saterday
here was i, not a good cook in anybodies books, trying to make something nice.... and my goodness it actually worked.

had a deer fillet, quickly fried it on all sides and then had it in the oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes.

had a nice field salat (not sure if that is the right translation in english) wit cherry tomatoes and red onion.

then self made mash topped with fried/glazed onions. (ok, i know, loads of calories Smile )

and then the sauce.....
cream
port (don't be shy here)
dijon mustard
little bit of the sauce that you get from the meat.

well people, that was it and even i have to say.... WOW!!!!!

should anybody try it, let me know.
now that sounds lekker......:thumbs:

was the deer fillet marinated beforehand or what???
That sounds delicious Sterretjie, and here I thought we were friends and we were not even invited for dinner LOLBig Grin Do you want to come over and cook dinner here for me tonight as I am sick and Jim's away! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub

nope cubbie, i just rolled it in a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. it was a great stukkie meat though, very good quality (cost me a fortune)
Quote:Originally posted by Jillibeans
That sounds delicious Sterretjie, and here I thought we were friends and we were not even invited for dinner LOLBig Grin Do you want to come over and cook dinner here for me tonight as I am sick and Jim's away! Big Grin

ag sorry skattie. next time i cook something like that, i promise i will invite you Wink

hope you feel better soon. let the kids cook you some chicken soup, drink loads of hot whiskey and i am sure you will be up and running in no time.
Quote:Originally posted by sterretjie
ag sorry skattie. next time i cook something like that, i promise i will invite you Wink

hope you feel better soon. let the kids cook you some chicken soup, drink loads of hot whiskey and i am sure you will be up and running in no time.

Tks Sterretjie, I think I will cook tonight, as the only thing Dee knows to cook is pasta with grated cheese on top and as for Kym well I will have to go hungry LOL Rolleyes
no good jill, no good.

so, what are you going to cook tonight then? something simple i guess, seeing as you are not doing well.
Probably something Schwabish (seen as we lived here 'As in Rome do as the Romans do'). Actually no idea maybe something quick and easy with pasta - make Dee's dayBig Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub

Ag No skattie, you are meant to marinate it like Keith wotzisname... loads of vino collapso taken orally before and during the cooking procedure :haha:
[color0blue]Dit was lekker by die see... Die Bodensee ( Lake Constance )[/color]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fast-cooked saddle of venison DMG-network 0 2,503 28-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Last Post: DMG-network