Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book and habits
1.Do you like to eat/drink anything in particular while you read?

2.What do you use as a bookmark?

3.How likely are you to lend your books willingly to your friends?
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
1. I enjoy eating chocolates when I read, I try not to do it too often !

2. At the moment I am using a bookmark from Australia with a koala I received as a gift from a friend.

3. I generally only lend to friends I know will look after my books, there are a few on my shelf which do not leave the house (silly I know).
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz

1. I like to read in the bath...with a nice glass of vodka and diet coke Big Grin

2. I use what ever is around..used envelope....receipt.....

3. I have no problem lending books to friends.....my books tend to go round the family a few times anyway Big Grin
i tend to munch something but i try not to eat anything fatty as to leave marks on my books...

i got so many bookmarks lying around, but when i want one i can never find one...:mad: so i tend to use anything i can find, a small card or something as i hate bending the pages...Wink

i lend them willingly but only to those whom i know will give them back once they finished with them, also i lend those i am not too sentimental about, books i normally do not collect....Big Grin
Usually try and knit while reading. ( The knitting is to stop me from eating) Mostly read library books so the lending is not a problem. Right now am using a laminated wedding invite as a bookmark.
I like to read in bed (especially in the winter months) & munch on biltong or popcorn.
I have used many things as book marks, including a paper gem clip but if I am reading a hard cover book, then I usually just use the front cover flap.
I also usually get books from the library too.
I seldom eat anything when I am reading....

I will use anything as a bookmark, as I tend to lose actual bookmarks...so I use anything I can find at the time...

I hate lending out my books, as I find most people ruin them...I will VERY reluctantly lend out to 2 or 3 people, and then there are some books I refuse to let anyone borrow, as they are precious Big Grin
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz

I usually have a huge bottle of diet coke next to me when I read (it's thirsty work...).

For a bookmark I usually use an old bus pass - there are always a few lying around.

I will lend books out to certain people, but I have a selection of books that I consider too valuable to risk letting out of my house. I have found that roughly a third of the books I lend out never come back so am wary of what I hand out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mary Higgins Clark - a new book nikkinaz 1 3,492 21-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  Got a book, want to swap .... nikkinaz 4 4,124 18-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Pronkertjie
  So what book are you looking forward to reading next ? nikkinaz 5 4,677 12-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Last Post: nikkinaz
  Richard and Judy's new book list for 2005! nikkinaz 8 5,026 10-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Pampered
  Another Pelzer book.... nikkinaz 1 3,549 10-02-2005, 07:21 PM
  Which book ? .... nikkinaz 17 8,111 03-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Avo
  Cannot find a book....... nikkinaz 0 3,340 16-08-2004, 07:05 PM
  Book Discussion - The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agence dudette 11 7,263 01-07-2004, 05:50 AM
  Another book for June ? nikkinaz 16 8,596 17-06-2004, 05:24 PM
  Book Genres dudette 3 4,011 01-06-2004, 09:44 PM