Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Box Schemes
How many of you participate in box schemes?

For those of you who are not familiar with this, it is a system whereby organic farmers provide you with a box of fresh, seasonal veggies and fruit on a weekly or bi-monthly basis. The produce is delivered direct to your front door and is locally grown.
We get a box from West Country Organics and today is delivery day Smile
After much searching I have finally found a farmer that will deliver to my area, so no more picking up the scraps from my friends delivery...

Looking forward to it.
Well, after seeing this thread, I searched the Web for my local box scheme, found it, placed an order to arrive today and they have just called to say they couldn't find the offices! :haha:

Oh well, they will deliver tomorrow instead! Big Grin

Thanks for the info Bushbaby! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
Well, after seeing this thread, I searched the Web for my local box scheme, found it, placed an order to arrive today and they have just called to say they couldn't find the offices! :haha:

Oh well, they will deliver tomorrow instead! Big Grin

Thanks for the info Bushbaby! Big Grin

Glad you joined up Tara. It is a win win situation. We get to eat organic, so higher quality food. We support a good small business initiative and also encourage more people to grow organic. Better for us, better for the environment.
My box of grub has just arrived! Big Grin

Lekker kos... the spuds have still got dirt on them Big Grin Now THAT'S organic :haha: