Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breastfeeding....
I know this is abit personal......but seeing Claudia Schiffer in the news this week looking so skinny and when Victoria Beckham had her children...they were blamed for crash dieting but in fact it was thru the breast feeding they lost so much weight..it happened to my sister.......but not to me...Sad i did not breast feed..due to stress....

but has this happened to you mothers during lactation???
do u have to breastfeed alot to lose so much weight??
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
I know this is abit personal......but seeing Claudia Schiffer in the news this week looking so skinny and when Victoria Beckham had her children...they were blamed for crash dieting but in fact it was thru the breast feeding they lost so much weight..it happened to my sister.......but not to me...Sad i did not breast feed..due to stress....

You are supposed to increase your calorie intake to accommodate for breastfeeding, but they obviously did not. I lost a fair bit of my pregnancy weight, but not the truck loads the famous tend to lose....
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
If you are breasfeeding you should increase your calorie intake by 500 calories.
After my first was born I lost a lot of weight and was the thinnest I have ever been in my adult life due to breastfeeding. If only I could do it again 2nd and third times around! Sad
I breast fed both my girls but not for that long only about 6 weeks, but didn't lose the excess weight Sad - maybe I didn't breastfeed long enough.
I did breastfeed my son for a full year, although the last 4 months were more just for a goodnight sip than anything else.

I will be doing the same with the next one. But first time round I did lose a lot of weight.

If I had increased my calorie intake my breasts would have exploded....*lol* I had plenty of milk despite losing weight, and eating like I usually do. I think thats also the reason I could breastfeed for so long...
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*

Don't feel bad Icecub I didn't breastfeed either
Never say never
Quote:Originally posted by Zulu_Foxtrot
Don't feel bad Icecub I didn't breastfeed either

well obviously not...unless u special...Smile
well obviously not...unless u special...Smile
now i know why the wife lost weight - she breastfed, thats cheating; i gained weight in symphathy but i did not lose it afterwards, i should have tried it :wall:
Quote:Originally posted by whirlpool
now i know why the wife lost weight - she breastfed, thats cheating; i gained weight in symphathy but i did not lose it afterwards, i should have tried it :wall:

well i was one of those unfortunate ones who had very little milk due to alot of stress...as little one was 9 days old when he got a fractured leg and was in hospital for 6 weeks....no fun...Sad but at least he managed to get some of my milk.....Smile i lost weight due to stress not breastfeeding....but it does work...remember u future moms to be...:thumbs:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breastfeeding Week gets underway Newsroom 0 3,530 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: