Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The movie Monster
Charlize Theron is up for an oscar for her role in the movie "Monster" which is due out here this coming friday. Is it out in the U.K yet? Hope Charlize takes the Oscar.
Quote:Originally posted by curio
Charlize Theron is up for an oscar for her role in the movie "Monster" which is due out here this coming friday. Is it out in the U.K yet? Hope Charlize takes the Oscar.

She was favoured to win an Oscar for her performance ...and I reckon she deserves it....until some people began their "Charlize Clobbering" by stating that her portrayal of the serial killer is not accurate.

They are particularly upset by the rape scene in the movie. Apparently the real serial killer..upon whom the movie is based... confessed to having been raped, but because there were too many pieces that didn't add up she was not believed. This scene is apparently integral to the story and people are upset that the movie producers manipulated the facts.

I find it ridiculous that this should deter from her acting...which is apparently outstanding. After all, she is receiving an award for her acting abilities....not for portraying true life events in a documentary! Rolleyes
MzInterpret, will you be going to see the movie? Or have you already seen it? I think the Oscars are this coming weekend.

Good luck to Charlize. Really hope she gets it.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by curio
[B]Charlize Theron is up for an oscar for her role in the movie "Monster" which is due out here this coming friday. Is it out in the U.K yet?

Glad she won & the movie is doing well over here in S.A.
Is it out in the U.K yet & have any of you seen it?
Carte Blanche just had an interview with CT at another award ceremony just before the Oscars.

She is damn beautiful and the amazing things she did JUST for the movie.

She travelled 4 months following the real monster, read 11 000 of her letters ... you name it never mind the 30 lbs of weight , bad skin and contact lenses she had to wear.

She got so emotional after a scene she broke down and cried in any case - no jokes.

I bought the DVD just now and that will be my Sun night

Will let you know !

Who else has seen the movie ?

:mad: Thought the DVD was suspect as wifey said it was not out yet Sad

Yes most probably a Bali copy as it worked the first 18 minutes Sad

Up to the Lesbian scene.

In 18 minutes I can see why she got an Oscar !

So much for copies Pic's Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Movie dudette 7 6,129 19-11-2005, 08:17 PM
Last Post: dudette
  Movie - "Meet the Fockers" Curio 3 4,808 13-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Curio
  Garfield the movie.... oe-la-la 6 4,360 11-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Last Post: oe-la-la
  Movie - The day after tomorrow Curio 5 4,745 12-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Cheffie
  favourite movie/tv programmes Curio 16 8,934 20-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Tara
  A fairly recent movie : "Hotel Rwanda" Ray 0 3,692 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  The movie Babe TheDuck 0 3,981 Less than 1 minute ago