Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cape Town City
Family were season-ticket holders at Hartleyvale (Hosking Stand) from the begining with Jose de Nobrega (give a man a Lucky), Ian Goodall (the penalty king), Eric Logan, Roger Coetzee etc. Our Championship winning captain, Jimmy Morrison lived in the same block of flats in Vredehoek. Watched the hated Hellenic at Green Point when we were away. Nothing was like the excitement of waiting for Friday nights to come. I later years I sat behind the goals on the pitch at both grounds pretending to be a press photographer. It was so easy. Most matches, didn't have a film in the camera, but do, however, have a collection of photo's which I'll updload from time to time. (I've just submitted the first couple).Those were great (footballing) days.
Hellenic

now that was a team

Wink

there are a few more mislead CTC supporters out there

Big Grin

:footie:
Hilton, if you remember from the start, then you will know which two teams made up the first Cape Town City team?

Also, did you play footie yourself?
Can't remember origins of CTC. Played for Green Point u16s and IFA for Israel for some years.

Have just downloaded a few more images re CTC.

Regards,
Hilton.
Hilton

Were you before or after Jeff Cohen at Israel?

:donald:

quack

:woof:
I feel another IFA thread coming on....Cool
Ade I think you may be right...Duck I think HIlton was there way before Jeff Cohen....
yes ... after reading a few of his other replies he may have arrived on the Mayflower and started the IFA

Big Grin

Wink
TheDuck Wrote:yes ... after reading a few of his other replies he may have arrived on the Mayflower and started the IFA

Big Grin

Wink

Definite case of bird flu coming on to the duck, I doubt the Mayflower came anywhere close to Cape waters, but then again I think I will resign just in case....
The Mayflower went West, n'est-ce pas?

The Dromedaris went South

Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frank Lord - Cape Town City Oom Rob 72 52,008 12-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Last Post: martinh
  Cape Town soccer at a crossroads mcamp999 2 4,080 30-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Last Post: mcamp999