Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat Messing in the House
As most of you are aware, we have a three-legged, vegetarian cat (don't ask). Recently he has taken to doing no 2's in the house. At first it was just around his litter box when it was full (he is a busy chappie) but now, even when the box is cleaned out he is messing around it rather than in it.

We have bleached the floor thoroughly to remove any trace of smell but he is persisting with this bad habit.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to break this cycle of bad behaviour?
Is he perhaps sitting in the litter box but missing the target? I used to have a cat do that. :duh:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Venus Wrote:Is he perhaps sitting in the litter box but missing the target? I used to have a cat do that. :duh:

That would be some of the problem, but some of the messes he makes are a good distance from the litter box, though always in the kitchen.
Did you perhaps get another cat / pet / baby etc. recently, or moved his litter box to a different place from where it usually was ?

My 4 year old cat started to mess outside his box when I got a new puppy - but fortunately it stopped after a while when he kind of started to accept the 'intruder'.

PS: Why does your cat only has three legs? And why is it vegeterian?
:rofl:
Almitra Wrote:Did you perhaps get another cat / pet / baby etc. recently, or moved his sandpit to a different place from where it usually was ?

My 4 year old cat started to mess outside his box when I got a new puppy - but fortunately it stopped after a while when he kind of started to accept the 'intruder'.

PS: Why does your cat only has three legs? And why is it vegeterian?
:rofl:

He is the one and only pet in the house at the moment, though we may be adopting a dog later this month if our friends can find no other home for her.
Nothing has changed in his routine at all so there is no plausible explanation for this problem.

This kitty was the runt of his litter and the one leg was deformed and was therefore removed by the vet when he was only a few days old.

He was imported to Ireland from the Netherlands by his former owner, and when she moved to the US I took him in. Her two children tormented the cat and that became very obvious after I took him into my care so when she returned from the US I refused to return the cat to her.

The vegetarian thing is a mystery - he refuses to eat meat or fish, and won't touch canned cat food either. He only eats dry pellets, and then only 3 flavours across two brands. We tried starving him into submission but even after 3 days of no food he refused to eat anything else.
That's strange ?? Is he neutered - and how old is he ? If his still young then maybe that can help if it's not already done, might be just male dominant behaviour?

And you sure have quite a well travelled, extraordinary pet - never heard of a cat that won't have meat !!! :p
Almitra Wrote:That's strange ?? Is he neutered - and how old is he ? If his still young then maybe that can help if it's not already done, might be just male dominant behaviour?

And you sure have quite a well travelled, extraordinary pet - never heard of a cat that won't have meat !!! :p

The cat is neutered, and he is nearly four years old. How do I know, I hear you ask?

Well, when this kitty was born and lost his leg, his human mother took pity on him and decided, as she had a baby at the time, to breastfeed him herself!

So take baby's age, subtract a few months, and you have kitty's age.
You kid me not !!!!!???? :noway:

Sorry, can't think of any other suggestions !!!!

Or wait, :mmm: ............. a PET psychiatrist - your cat's probably wayyyyy to human ............ :rofl: