Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
headaches
Ameniatha Wrote:Cubby, the symptoms you describe are very similar to those caused by stress in children...read here for more info..

http://kidshealth.org/parent/emotions/fe...tress.html

I know this because both my kids are suffering at the moment due to the move, and their dad being gone. So I am very familiar with the symptoms..

Try and talk to him and ask him if Highschool is giving him trouble, and to which degree. Make him aware that you will be unable to help him if he does not speak up. He has to open up to you and tell you whats bothering him, esp. since its not shortage of liquids, and its not his eyes giving him trouble. There is a strong indication that its most likely school related or a personal problem of sorts...but get him to open up to you. When he does you will be better equiped to deal with the issues, and help him feel better, or give him the tools to cope with the stress itself..

This articles may also help shed some light on kids and stress:

http://drphil.com/articles/article/14/

Hi Amen,

thanks for the weblinks, i got the exact same info from my sister yesterday, so am busy reading it and finding things out... i managed to get some info out of him this morning, it is typical of boys to have to drag stuff out of them, it seems it starts in the fourth period when music is on the go, so i am making an appointment to speak to the music teacher so we can sort something out, he enjoys music although i think it could be the earphones he has to wear or the loudness of the music... Blush which is unlike a teen to not want music loudl.... :crylol:

so once this has been sorted we will check and see the results..... :mmm:
Icecub Wrote:Hi Amen,

thanks for the weblinks, i got the exact same info from my sister yesterday, so am busy reading it and finding things out... i managed to get some info out of him this morning, it is typical of boys to have to drag stuff out of them, it seems it starts in the fourth period when music is on the go, so i am making an appointment to speak to the music teacher so we can sort something out, he enjoys music although i think it could be the earphones he has to wear or the loudness of the music... Blush which is unlike a teen to not want music loudl.... :crylol:

so once this has been sorted we will check and see the results..... :mmm:

Lol...hehe great minds..
:p

yes typical boys not to want to open up...my oldest is just the same. I am glad that you have possibly found the solution...good luck..
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*