Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coping with loss from afar
Tania Wrote:Very useful thread - thanks for all replies, and good luck for all affected. Please keep it going?

New NB and Tania

As you have read from other posters, loss is something very difficult to come to terms with and we all have our own ways and means of "getting over" it

I lost my mother to cancer when I was 14, my brother died when he was 26 and the my father died of lung cancer when he was 65 and I an adult....

none of these can ever be forgotten

I truly believe that it is because of my faith that I managed to stay "sane", especially after my brother's death...

Like Pronkertjie, we were not able to attend my father in law's funeral,we were in Italy when he passed away and were only informed of his death on the day of the funeral.

My mother in law is quite old now and we all realise that she may pass away at any time.............. when we left her earlier this year, I saw tears in my husband's eyes.

May you be richly blessed and find peace
I lost my dad on 29 January 2004 due to oesophogial cancer and lung cancer too. I was in London when I found out in July 2003. I was devastaed. The doctors told us he had about a year to 2 years to live so I thught we had time to say good bye and make peace. In January 2004 i was told that I had to fly out to say good bye as he was getting weaker and weaker. I went over for orignally 2 weeks but then stayed 2 more weeks as my dad did pass away and i could not leave my mum alone. It was the hardest thing seeing my dad's body being taken away. Its been nearly 2.5 years since his death and I still cry from time to time. Time doesnt heal all wounds, no but u learn to cope with pain and carry on. U find the strength to carry on. Talking and going for councelling really helps.

I am sorry u lost your brother and u r in my thoughts and prayers all the time
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger Big Grin
What an absolute "brilliant" thread...................

I lost my dad 11 years ago and it took me such a long time to be able to get over the thought of him going.

He died on Sept 20 and every 20th of the month I would say a little prayer to him, every year that it should have been his birthday I would think how old he would have been etc.
Every time I heard "The Living Years" by Mike and the Mechanics I would well up in tears. Time for me has been a healer.I still miss him but I have moved on.

It will soon be two years that I lost my mum. It would have been her 72 birthday tommorow.

How I miss them.............. :engel:
aka Madasafish
It is a good thread because one of the main ways to cope with loss is to talk about it. Keeping all your thoughts bottled up, thinking no-one will understand, that you should be over it by now, that you are on your own are all feelings that can be overcome by sharing.
Cruse Bereavement Care offer excellent free counselling. Here is a statement from their website
Cruse Bereavement Care exists to promote the well-being of bereaved people and to enable anyone bereaved by death to understand their grief and cope with their loss. The organisation provides counselling and support. It offers information, advice, education and training services.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photo Proof of Weight Loss TheDuck 0 6,278 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: