Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cottage Pie
I make a delicious cottage pie but don't follow a specific recipe. I just make it the way my mom made it.

Simply saute some diced onion in a large frying pan, add your mince, diced carrots, salt, pepper, mixed herbs & tomato paste/sauce/tinned tomatoes/cubed fresh tomatoes (whatever is available in your cupboard), crumble in an oxo cube. When that's nicely browned, pour on some boiling water, add a few handfuls of frozen peas & leave to cook a bit. Then thicken with a bit of cornflour to make a rich gravy. In the meantime, boil some potatoes & then mash & season them. I often add some grated cheese into my mash. Put the cooked mince mixture into a deep casserole dish & cover with the mash. I then sprinkle the top with grated cheese. Pop it into the oven at 200 deg C & cook until the top is golden brown. Voila! Big Grin
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Venus Wrote:Voila! Big Grin

That says it all Smile

I and a few kg's can vouch for it being great Big Grin
Mmmmm! Sounds Delish! :thumbs: Will give it a try sometime Smile
Jangar Wrote:That says it all Smile

I and a few kg's can vouch for it being great Big Grin

Waddling back here after 2 years.. :mmm:

Thanks for the update
Cheffie Wrote:Waddling back here after 2 years.. :mmm:

Thanks for the update

Sounds like a hint to me. Wink What do you think Jangar would like for supper? :haha:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Venus Wrote:What do you think Jangar would like for supper? :haha:

LOL

Make it with lamb.. or mutton Wink

Seriously though if it's made with mutton it works a treat :thumbs:

how you disguise the invoice reflecting lamb is your problem though.. Big Grin
Cheffie Wrote:LOL

Make it with lamb.. or mutton Wink

Seriously though if it's made with mutton it works a treat :thumbs:

how you disguise the invoice reflecting lamb is your problem though.. Big Grin

I regularly manage to smuggle spinach into his diet so I'm sure he wouldn't notice if I made Shepards' Pie rather than Cottage Pie. :haha:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Shepherds pie is great. Though I do it according to the method for cottage pie (hence the lamb/ mutton thing).

That cultural-heathen-Santa-hater Wink needs to appreciate the finer things in life.. I do wish you well in changing his diet :thumbs:
Big Grin