Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diets do work - when they are not diets
All men - try to be diplomatic and say that we look fine. Then we go out and buy clothes ( or in my case give up, get depressed and eat cake). Still get told that we look fine and that you love us the way we are. Bad words, very bad words. Complacency comes in and we eat cake (ooohh I love cake!). chips, chocolate , all the bad stuff.

Two months ago I finally had enough - I hated buying clothes - which always involved the dreaded changing rooms - those lights are terribleSmile I always ended up in a bad mood taking it out on T. So I went online to find my nearest Weightwatchers - 4 miles - so off I went.

Stepped on the scales and nearly fell off. Was I really that much? What happened, how did it happen and when did it happen? Got home feeling depressed about the weight but instead of reaching for cake (because we didn't have any) I had some water. For the first week I stuck ridgedly to the points plan and excercised. My weigh in came round and i had lost 6.5lbs. Wow I can do this, this is easy. Just fill up on veg and salad.

Everyone kept saying it'll slow down, you won't lose more that 2lb a week. Second week 4lbs. Third week 1.5lbs This prompted me to go out and buy an excercise bike - afterall I can ride a bike. How wrong can a girl be. I nearly died on my first ride. I forgot that on a bike you can rest your legs and the wheels carry you forward - the excercise bike does not.

Kept up the excercise and the eating sensibly. Then 5 weeks in the cravings started - pie and gravy. I don't like pie and gravy.Smile Had a pie - still don't like pie and gravy. LAst week I reached my 10% goal and in 8 weeks I have lost 25lbs. I have a way to go still but I do not feel like I am on a diet - I eat more now than I ever did and i am losing weight doing so - go figure. When we have tastings at work - I decline - no more cakes, ice cream pizza, chips etc. I have a goal in sight and I will be happy within myself again.
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="4"]Wow.... well done Gwasi!!!!
[/SIZE][SIZE="2"]

.... and you are only telling us now!!!

:gogirl: [/SIZE][/COLOR]
congrats Gwasi

:thumbs:

[SIZE="1"]
it feels great to succeed[/SIZE]
Well done, Gwasi! Big Grin :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :gogirl: :gogirl: :gogirl:

It's one of the most difficult things to do, keep it up!
Sorry Pronks I didn't tell anyone except T. Didn't want to fail - work figured it out when they noticed the weight loss.

Duck wish I could run it off like you did but I'm not made for running - my legs are too short:crylol:

My reward for losing all the weight is a dress in Harvey Nichols. That will mean another trip out of Wales but I can live with that. Best start saving for it though. By the time my goal is reached it will probably have gone up ten fold. Or I've changed my mind
gwasi Wrote:Or I've changed my mind

didn't know women change their minds
well done
That is an outstanding result, you must be over the moon! :thumbs: I wish I could motivate myself... But when you're feeding a baby, it's hard to cut back on things - you never know how much you can cut back by. But when we come back from SA I plan to stop feeding the bubble and stick him onto bottles. Then I will be working my BUM off. Literally and figuratively!! Wink
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
gwasi Wrote:My reward for losing all the weight is a dress in Harvey Nichols. That will mean another trip out of Wales

I knew there had to be a catch :wall:
Big Grin
Get with the programme doll.. you should order it online and not worry about the trip down to the big smoke.. That way you can try it on in the comfort of your own home, concentrate on losing more weight and achieving your goal.. [SIZE="1"]and not tempt any of us from watching a short-legged person drive precariously on the roads and breathe huge sighs of relief when she has finally found that dress on aisle fourteen or something. We could always organise a welcoming party too.. then again it might just be a little to much excitement for a country bumpkin Big Grin[/SIZE]

Congrats on losing the excess and best of luck with achieving your goal :thumbs:
this Chef has all the ideas

Big Grin