Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Magpies get motion sickness?
I have been watching a pair of Magpies build their castle 6 feet from the top of a massive Leylandii tree for the past 3 weeks.

Now, today, the tree is swaying back and forth in the heavy winds, so I hope they are feeling alright inside there! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
I have been watching a pair of Magpies build their castle 6 feet from the top of a massive Leylandii tree for the past 3 weeks.

Now, today, the tree is swaying back and forth in the heavy winds, so I hope they are feeling alright inside there! Big Grin

Good question!! Will have to check out our resident magpie families and see how they are coping in the high winds...
A friend who was visiting yesterday mentioned in passing he saw a rook trying to fly with a fairly large stick obviously intended for a nest - the impressions of a lopsided rook flying about 20 feet above the ground was priceless.
Well, the Magpie couple are well established in their tower block now. Big Grin

There is one little thing which amazes me and that is the front entrance.

It is like a little trapdoor on the side of the nest and when they go in, they then turn around and shut it behind them! Big Grin

I guess it won't be long before we hear the flipper flapper of little wings! :haha: