Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't install Service Pack 3 until
Don't install Service Pack 3 until you have read the instructions thoroughly or else you may land up with a host of problems

Good Luck

:duh:
I finally got my problems sorted out installing XP Service Pack 3, so if you run into similar problems where you are no longer able to use the internet or have access denied problems then post here and I shall attempt to assist you

quack

:woof:
Hi there Duck,

I installed SP3 and lost my internet connection. I immediately uninstalled SP3 and Hey Presto, regained my connection. I didn't see an option for a custom install so I'm wondering how you got around the problem.

Rgds
Paddy
Hi Paddy

can I go through this on Monday as we are on our way out shortly and it will take a bit to explain

basically it involved writing a sp.bat file and then running it on your computer so it changes the access denied options etc

However after reading a great deal more I truly recommend the none installation of SP3 until they improve everything has it can cause problems which I have yet to experience however this am it gave a malfunction in my f-secure .. not the whole system but an earlier addition

So till the Moon Day then

Have a grand weekend

:mrburns:

:woof:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobile Commerce Launches Mobile Monetised Search Service In The US DMG-network 0 2,159 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: