Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eat well and sleep right in 206

We seem to be more out of breath every month, and the year seems to pick up speed all the time. Our diaries are filled to overflowing with appointments we have to keep. Our stress levels rise dangerously as we run around trying to get things under control.

Come and fetch your daily portion of bread

Although we work hard, our happiness does not really depend on us. Being a Christian you know that what you are and have are gifts from the Lord's hand. Your Heavenly Father gives you a 24-hour ration of grace, life and care every day. It is free, undeserved and with the compliments of Jesus Christ. However, you have to remember to fetch your daily ration from Him in prayer. How? Well, ask Him in faith: "Give us today our daily bread!"

Take note: your big rush is not the secret to a successful life. No, the secret lies in a daily simple prayer in which you ask the Lord for your abundant portion of heavenly grace. Do not be too busy for that. If you are, you are too busy for God!

Sleep in the arms of God

Another piece of good news is that God distributes his grace in surprising ways. Sometimes we receive his grace while we are sleeping. That is what Psalm 127:2 promises. The Lord is so good, He treats us as his favourites. Yes, He favours those who bow before Jesus. He spoils us with his heavenly blessings. He pours them out at night without our knowing. No wonder that Paul declares in Romans 8:31-39 that nothing this side of the grave can separate us from the love of God. He loves us so much that He gives us what we need while we are sleeping – and that while countless others work themselves to the bone and worry themselves sick.

Our success this year is not dependant on our new year's resolutions to work hard and achieve great things. Our lives are successful because our hands are in the hand of God. From his hand we eat food of grace every day, and in his arms we sleep every night.

Prayer

Lord, I stand in awe of your greatness.

The greatness of your love is beyond understanding.

I stand in quiet wonder at each portion of grace You pour out over me each day.

Your Name must be glorified.

Everyone must be told of your love.

This year, even more people must drink from your rivers of living water.

May I ask that You transform my life this year into a channel of grace.

May everyone who crosses my path hear, smell and taste your living waters.

Transform me into an instrument of your blessings.

In the Name of Jesus,

Amen

God bless
Stephan Joubert

http://www.echurch.co.za