Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eye Infections In Newborns
HELP....

It is Saturday night...I think... and my beautiful babe seems to have an eye infection...

Is there anything I can do to clear it up or at least relieve it until I am able to go to the surgery on Monday...

It is greeny yellowy crustys just in the one eye....

It doesn't seem to bug my mini Bean... but I want to sort it out...

Enige raad???
Beans
I've never experienced this, but my first thought would be to wash his eye with cooled boiled water until you can get to see a doc on Monday. Perhaps Joan could give further advice... Smile
thanx dudette,

I have been washing his eye out with cooled boiled water today....so I'll carry on with this treatment until I get to go to the doc
Beans
Bean of Love Wrote:thanx dudette,

I have been washing his eye out with cooled boiled water today....so I'll carry on with this treatment until I get to go to the doc

I hope you get some relief soon Smile I am sure if you phone NHS Direct they would be able to give you advice ... the number is 0845 4647
Here is a link to their website ...NHS Direct
Bean of Love Wrote:thanx dudette,

I've since looked this up, and strongly recommend you phone the NHS and ask their advice...
http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/baby/ba...10875.html
Don't know if you still have any problems with Mini Bean's sticky eye, but i used cooled boiled water with a little bit of salt in it as advised by health visitor and it worked really well. Good luck!
Nellyaidan Wrote:Don't know if you still have any problems with Mini Bean's sticky eye, but i used cooled boiled water with a little bit of salt in it as advised by health visitor and it worked really well. Good luck!

I did the same with my son when he was newborn. Smile
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
hmm... only seen this now, been afk for a bit...

For another time when babes eyes need som cleaning, you can try using some tepid Chamomile tea.

The Chamomile is anti-bacterial and will help to sooth any itchyness. :thumbs:
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  newborns squeaky 67 28,344 13-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Last Post: jewels