Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairies
Venus Wrote:Almitra, your earrings sound gorgeous! :thumbs: I wonder if they make fairy ones with diamonds ..................... :mmm:

I BELIEVE they just might ............. !!!!
:haha:
For those of you with more than a passing interest in fairies and other elementals, you may be interested in the work of the ELFEN Project:

http://www.elfenproject.com/
Well, I am a big fairy fan as some of you know already. I don't collect the figurines etc although i have two fairies Tripsy and Willemien hanging in my studio (they are weird faeries...but good company)

I collect faerie books etc and at the present moment I am writing a faerie book for children(and some grownups). Well, at least there are some people that will proofread for free...? ! it is a long way of yet but when I come back from SA in March I wil work full steam to finish it.

I also make faerie dresses for the whole family, all the little girls have a dress made by me in BRIGHT colours...not like the ones you get in the shops that look like plastic. Mine looks torn and frayed. Some of them are themed, like an African faerie with some tarentaal feathers worked in the costume, Indian faeries etc (you catch my drift) I plan to make loads of them and open a stall in Greenwich market over Christmas time this year.

Too many ideas too little time

If anyone wants me to make a faerie dress for a special little girl PM me
Moenie kwaad gaan slaap nie, bly wakker en baklei

Bird of prey

What you are isn't written down in stone

Lover of all things RED especially wine

''aai aai die witborskraai''
Bushbaby Wrote:For those of you with more than a passing interest in fairies and other elementals, you may be interested in the work of the ELFEN Project:

http://www.elfenproject.com/

Thanks, BB. :thumbs: I've bookmarked the site as it looks like one I'll be going back to often. Smile
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
birdie Wrote:Well, I am a big fairy fan as some of you know already. I don't collect the figurines etc although i have two fairies Tripsy and Willemien hanging in my studio (they are weird faeries...but good company)

I collect faerie books etc and at the present moment I am writing a faerie book for children(and some grownups). Well, at least there are some people that will proofread for free...? ! it is a long way of yet but when I come back from SA in March I wil work full steam to finish it.

I also make faerie dresses for the whole family, all the little girls have a dress made by me in BRIGHT colours...not like the ones you get in the shops that look like plastic. Mine looks torn and frayed. Some of them are themed, like an African faerie with some tarentaal feathers worked in the costume, Indian faeries etc (you catch my drift) I plan to make loads of them and open a stall in Greenwich market over Christmas time this year.

Too many ideas too little time

If anyone wants me to make a faerie dress for a special little girl PM me

Wow, Birdie, I'm so impressed with all you're busy with. I look forward to reading your book. The dresses sound beautiful. I would've died for a dress like that when I was a little girl. Big Grin I wish you every success with both projects. Please keep coming back with any updates. Smile
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
I've found another site for people who are believers: Fairyland Trust.
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Venus Wrote:Wow, Birdie, I'm so impressed with all you're busy with. I look forward to reading your book. The dresses sound beautiful. I would've died for a dress like that when I was a little girl. Big Grin I wish you every success with both projects. Please keep coming back with any updates. Smile

Yeah some of my nieces refuse to wear anything else... :thumbs: One of them wants to wear it to church every Sunday. I am going to take loads of black and white/sepia pictures of them in their dresses when I go home next week. I want to blow them up and hang them in my halway or on the stairway.
Moenie kwaad gaan slaap nie, bly wakker en baklei

Bird of prey

What you are isn't written down in stone

Lover of all things RED especially wine

''aai aai die witborskraai''
birdie Wrote:Yeah some of my nieces refuse to wear anything else... :thumbs: One of them wants to wear it to church every Sunday. I am going to take loads of black and white/sepia pictures of them in their dresses when I go home next week. I want to blow them up and hang them in my halway or on the stairway.

I can understand your nieces, birdie. One of my aunts made me a fairy dress when I was a little girl & I never wanted to take it off! :haha:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<