Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ferrets
I am so excited!

I had ferrets year before last when I was sharing a house with someone who turned out to be a non-animal person. After a few months of arguments I passed them on to a friend to keep the peace.

I have been thinking of getting ferrets again, now that my domestic situation has improved, and after discussing it last night with my sister, we have decided to go ahead with this.

I am really excited - have started window shopping for a proper cage and playpen, plus accessories. Will hopefully go over to England to buy ferrets later in the year - I have decided to get 'pedigreed' animals this time.
I've heard they can make quite good pets ... please let us know when you've finally made your choice Smile
I'm fairly sure about the colour combinations that I want. I just haven't settled on a cage - torn between two, or the final number of animals I want - two or three.

Will let you know...
Don't know much about ferrets, BB ??

Just remember watching them in the Pet-shop long ago ....... they seem like very lively little creatures !!

Keep us up to date, ok ?
Almitra Wrote:Don't know much about ferrets, BB ??

Just remember watching them in the Pet-shop long ago ....... they seem like very lively little creatures !!

Keep us up to date, ok ?

Almitra - I have to say they would be the perfect pet (if they didn't smell so bad). To me they combine the best of cat and dog and throw in a huge dose of playfulness that stays with them and doesn't disappear as they grow older. They are lovable and easy to please, and very very cheeky!

Being 'kissed' by a ferret is something to treasure (my male ferret was good at this, the female was nasty though so you could not trust her to try and give her a kiss).

I will definitely let you know how we get on and will post up a few pictures as well.