Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Lord - Cape Town City
Mal....NFL database for FM10 has been sent Smile let me know how you enjoy it.
Delmeister Wrote:Marist 1972 to 1974 - won knock out Cup with U12s
Right, we probably played in the same, or similiar teams as I would have been 10 in 1972 and played for the U12's. I also have a number of trophies for the u12 and u14 age groups and remember beating Cape town City u12's for one of the u12 trophies on Hartleyvale B.
Awesome! The U12 team I played in beat Bayview in the final, also on Hartleyvale B Smile
Hi,

Just joined this site. I was a fanatical CTC supporter in the 60's and early 70's. Watched my first game at Hartlevale in 1967 when CTC lost 1-3 to the champions of thar year, Port Elizabeth City - if i remember correctly their captain and playmaker was Kevin Kerr.

I remember Frank Lord clearly as well as his Hellenic counterpart Harry Game. Frank really transformed CTC and they played some fantastic football under him. He also brought some great players to CTC. Apart from those mentioned in other threads i also remember Calvin Palmer and George Heslop.

I'm now living in PTA, but will never forget the games at Hartleyvale. The atmosphere was electric, especially when it was derby time with Hellenic. Who can ever forget the night when CTC demolished Hellenic 4-0 with Tommy Claxton and Ronnie Barnes running riot on the wings.

Played junior soccer for Marist and senior soccer for Green Point (1974-1978) - was part of the all conquering Green Point team of 1977 when we went unbeaten in the league, but sadly lost 3-0 to Wynberg in the cup final. Players of that year were Bruce Blakely, Micky Forge, Jimmy Boyd, Jimmy Miller, Carlos Esteves, Thom (gk), Martin Brown, Fowler, Willie McGarvey, Malcolm amongst others. Also played Greece second team in the IFA.

I have the CTC book by Eric Litchfield. It is a great read and brings back fond memories of my beloved team. I hardly ever watch local football these days having become an ardent Province and Stormers fan since moving to Pretoria. Ironically i finished my football career with Hellinic in Pretoria at the age of 43.

CTC, Province and Stormers forever.

Cheers
Hi lofty .. I was a junior at Green Point in 78 .. my connection with the club goes back a number of years .. it was great to read this as I had no idea that GP were so successful in 77 ..

I used to watch Benny Hill on a Thursday night after training at the club

magnificent memories
Hi the duck,

Forgot to mention that the late great Vick McKinney was in our 1977 and 1978 teams. Eddie Furgeson (ex CTC) also in the team of '78. Vic was a fantastic player - I'll never forget him.

Is Green Point AFC still in existence? I'll be in CT at the end of April and would love to check them out. I lost my team picture of 1977 and would love to get hold of a copy.

Our team of '74 was coached by Pepe (Helios) dos Santos who I believe is still in CT. He also played in '74. I also played with and against his brother Sergio.

Cheers
Green Point is still there however they joined with Cape Technikon

The old Scots IFA and Green Point players are still around and had a reunion organised by Tommy Donaldson last year, so there is some activity taking place

quack

:woof:
Just joined here. Old Marist, Tramway player. Now Chairman of the referee association.
Now Chairman of the referee association

we all have our cross to bear Wink

mcamp is an ex-Marist and Tramway player

I dabbled a bit with their junior team back in the day but that is as far as it goes

Big Grin

quack

TheDuck Wrote:Now Chairman of the referee association

we all have our cross to bear Wink

mcamp is an ex-Marist and Tramway player

Big Grin

quack

I can guess who mcamp is. Played with him at Marist. I think he joined Tramway after i became a referee in 1988.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cape Town soccer at a crossroads mcamp999 2 4,083 30-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Last Post: mcamp999
  Cape Town City hilton_teper 0 12,695 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: