Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full moon... A guts full!
Sue Johnson Wrote:Simply put; Hormonal reactions to increased positive ions in the air (Full Moon Effect)
So Cheffie....there you have it....it's all in the ions :innocent:

Nice one Sue! Thanks :thumbs:

If I purchase a de-ionizer for the restaurant... do you think that'll work? Big Grin

I'm sure full moon is around again soon... too much weird stuff about!
Hey cheffie

Nice one - good article!

Maybe you should move down south - waaaaay down south like Perth Im sure the effects won't be as bad here :jester:
Toad Wrote:Hey cheffie

Nice one - good article!

Maybe you should move down south - waaaaay down south like Perth Im sure the effects won't be as bad here :jester:

Lol Toad...

After last night's service the offer is VERY tempting!

I do believe that full moon is sent to test our patience... don't they realise we have fire and big knives and and and Rolleyes
Big Grin
And another full moon passes with another bunch of weird people gracing our presence :wall:

Some classic examples this weekend:

The Saffron Risotto tasted like saffron! :duh:
My response to the waitress (to pass on to the guest) went as follows:

Yes, it's because we use real saffron costing almost 2000 pounds a kilo and not Tumeric which you use at home!!! This was followed by the obligatory cursing and giggles..

One of the best I've heard in a long time was last night. A guest said the Roast Turkey tasted like Zebra! Rolleyes

Through fits of giggles the waitress was given the reply:

Thanks for the feedback. I'll ensure my award winning butcher attends to this asap on Sunday and hopefully he'll start using elephant feed for next year..

What on earth possesses people to go out and eat in restaurants and behave like heathens??

More coffee please and hold the full moon!
Now what about the :chef::chef: ~~~ are they immune to the full moon? Wink

Maybe it WAS Zebra meat ..... :innocent:

:jive:
:rofl: :rofl: i love the comment on the turkey tasting like zebra...where they been eating lately?

my son had me in stitches yesterday with his quips...he said chefs are cruel, as they whip the cream :rofl: , batter the fish :rofl: and beat the eggs... :rofl:
Icecub Wrote::rofl: :rofl: i love the comment on the turkey tasting like zebra...where they been eating lately?

Cubbie..

My guess is at home watching the zoo channel or something. The guy was completely inebriated, looked like he hadn't missed a meal in his life (along with all the snacking inbetween) and had given the waitresses uphill all night long. I guess its not so surprising that his neanderthal comments fell on deaf ears..

Oddly enough a saffer came in an wasn't happy with his portion size of Lamb Shank Rolleyes I did mention he was paying for quality... and then told the manager to remove the 'offending item' off his bill and inform the dear gentleman that the Chef will gladly pay for quality if he can't afford it over Christmas.

Blom, no-one is immune to full moon! We have recipes for everything, our passions run slightly higher.. and the parties get harder Wink

I can't wait for the next installment of 'how to endear yourself to the kitchen at full moon Rolleyes
Big Grin