Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gallstones
Does anyone have any knowledge on how to get rid of gallstones without having an operation and which doesn't involve throwing up?
My dad has suffered terribly his whole life from them and I have lived with waking up in the middle of the night with him being wheeled out by paramedics that he had so much pain from them the alternative was an operation - ill speak to my mom and see if there is no homeopathic mediction that helps as I know he has tried it and get back to this post hopefully with something positive - but most important dont forget to drink 8 glasses of water a day to flush the stones from your kidneys this deffinately is a religion he has lived by.
eisher than eish!!!!!
Thanks Pooky, I'll tell my Mum to drink plenty of water.
Tara...

try this website.....

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en.asp?TopicID=207

hope your Mom feels better soon.....my Mom had her gall bladder removed about 16yrs ago......as she had too many gall stones....
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
Tara...

try this website.....

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en.asp?TopicID=207

hope your Mom feels better soon.....my Mom had her gall bladder removed about 16yrs ago......as she had too many gall stones....

Thanks Cubs. Has your Mum had any problems since? Like with digestion or feeling nauseous or having to be careful what she eats?
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
Thanks Cubs. Has your Mum had any problems since? Like with digestion or feeling nauseous or having to be careful what she eats?

no not at all Tara....she has no special diets etc at all......she eats what she wants...Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
no not at all Tara....she has no special diets etc at all......she eats what she wants...Smile

Well maybe my Mum should have the op then. She's not so young any more, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't be comfortable into her old age eh? She's very scared of going under for an op though. Sad
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
Well maybe my Mum should have the op then. She's not so young any more, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't be comfortable into her old age eh? She's very scared of going under for an op though. Sad

Tara...first see what the doctor says ... there might be alternatives.....Smile why put her thru unnecessary pain..
My daughter had her gall bladder removed last year at the age of 23 :eek:

I was there with her, and when they brought her back up from the operating theatre they handed me the bottle with all the stones in it........I couldnt believe how many there were......they said they have never seen so many in such a young person.

She has had no pain or trouble since.......she actually said she wished she had had the op years ago.....we have been through the rushing her to the emergency room in the middle of the night aswell!!!!!!!
Quote:Originally posted by suep
My daughter had her gall bladder removed last year at the age of 23 :eek:

I was there with her, and when they brought her back up from the operating theatre they handed me the bottle with all the stones in it........I couldnt believe how many there were......they said they have never seen so many in such a young person.

She has had no pain or trouble since.......she actually said she wished she had had the op years ago.....we have been through the rushing her to the emergency room in the middle of the night aswell!!!!!!!

Wow suep, that's incredible! So it's not an *old persons illness* then? My Mum would be going to Poole Hospital too.