Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gardening at Night by Diane Awerbuck.
Hey ! Lekker a bookclub has been started, thanks for getting this going Icecub ! I look forward to posting and chatting here for sure ...

Will be starting a new book this week got from the library, it is a SA book.

It is about a young girl's life through childhood and into womanhood. It goes from the 80's to the 90's and takes place in Kimberley - a town which she is trying to leave. Looks like there is drama, comedy and all the reminders of an SA past. I will let you know what it is like.
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
Hey ! Lekker a bookclub has been started, thanks for getting this going Icecub ! I look forward to posting and chatting here for sure ...

Will be starting a new book this week got from the library, it is a SA book.

It is about a young girl's life through childhood and into womanhood. It goes from the 80's to the 90's and takes place in Kimberley - a town which she is trying to leave. Looks like there is drama, comedy and all the reminders of an SA past. I will let you know what it is like.

okay that is fine, let me know...then i can get the book and we can discuss it....

just had a look on amazon....found her.......the review looks good...

anybody else interested?????
I have ordered this book off Amazon and should receive it next week. The review sounded interesting so will give it a go.

Have also ordered a few of Dalene Matthee's books, including her newest one, they should arrive from SA in a few weeks.

Good place to order South Africans books and music:

http://www.kalahari.net
Well I will start my copy over the weekend. Even though there are only 3 of us with this book - lets give it a go and see what gives. I do think this book looks good and as I said it is available at the library too !

The next one should definitely be something from a combined favourite authors list ! So more people can enjoy it.

Anyone else interested in this book ?

The more that you read,

-Dr Seuss-
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
Well I will start my copy over the weekend. Even though there are only 3 of us with this book - lets give it a go and see what gives. I do think this book looks good and as I said it is available at the library too !

The next one should definitely be something from a combined favourite authors list ! So more people can enjoy it.

Anyone else interested in this book ?

i did order my book..should be here this week.....well we will see as i am trying to get the folks interested.....Rolleyes
okay got my book.....will start it tonight..Smile
I was going to start mine on the weekend but still had another book to finish - so I will start mine 100% tonight. Hope you enjoy this book, will see you in a few days time for an update to see what you think !

The book looks good - so hopefully the two of you will enjoy this too !

The more that you read,

-Dr Seuss-
I checked my account with Amazon and apparently the book will only be mailed out in 3 weeks!
I started it last night...i must warn u that it is exceedingly difficult to get into..therefore taking my time with this one....she jumps around.....so therefore not the type of book u can sink your teeth into first shot....Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
I started it last night...i must warn u that it is exceedingly difficult to get into..therefore taking my time with this one....she jumps around.....so therefore not the type of book u can sink your teeth into first shot....Smile

Thanks for the warning. Might take the book and myself off to a cottage over a weekend to read.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The curious incident of the dog in the night time Surita 7 4,414 02-07-2004, 06:51 AM
Last Post: dudette
  Interview with Diane Awerbuck Bushbaby 4 7,358 19-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Bushbaby