Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doctors
I am looking for a good doctor.... Is there something like that here in the UK??

I know I am from Deep Dark Africa, but at least there the Doctors are ok.... and have decent equipment!!!

I am soo dissapointed in the medical system here, and even on private health care, you still see a NHS doctor...

Maybe I am missing the boat completely........Sad :eek:

I saw the doctor's nurse on Tuesday and she promtly did a biopsy without using anaestetic (spelling)????

Back in SA you hear about all the wonderful doctors here, until you get here.
Beans
Quote:Originally posted by Bean of Love
I am looking for a good doctor.... Is there something like that here in the UK??

I know I am from Deep Dark Africa, but at least there the Doctors are ok.... and have decent equipment!!!

I am soo dissapointed in the medical system here, and even on private health care, you still see a NHS doctor...

Maybe I am missing the boat completely........Sad :eek:

I saw the doctor's nurse on Tuesday and she promtly did a biopsy without using anaestetic (spelling)????

Back in SA you hear about all the wonderful doctors here, until you get here.
Dont know where u r looking.When u say doctor is it a GP u r after.I have never had a problem with doctors here.And when u talk about private doctors,all the big private health companies,insist that their doctors do so much time i the NHS a week,hence the reasoning u might see the samre doctor in private as well as on the NHS.
I agee with Bean of Love. I am really not happy with my GP here. Not once have I seen him get up from behind his desk and computer. I have a thyroid problem, and he has not once even felt the size of it. My GP in SA used to check it every time I went there. The GP I have intimidates me and talks over me. I went to him last year after my cold turned to a throat infection. It was so bad that my glands were huge and I couldn't talk or swallow. He told me that he wasn't going to give me anything as my resistance needed to be built up! I had the problem for 3 weeks.

Does anyone know of a good GP in the Basingstoke area? How do I go about changing?
I changed GP's twice until I found someone I liked BUT saying that I had an x-ray in October last year and have still not had the results. I phoned the doctors rooms yesterday and they still can't tell me if they have them and I must phone back on Monday! To say I am not impressed is an under statement and all I want is for them to refer me to a physio!
I saw my female doctor this morning for a "chat" about something, and she upset me so much I left there in tears. What an evil, miserable, rude b1tch. I will never see her again if i can aviod her!! ALL the docs I have had here have had the worst "bedside" manner. Never get up from their desks, talk over you.

Last year, something went wrong with my achilles tendon, and the doc I saw wouldn't even touch it! She said I was fine, and should just let it get better by itself! Grrr they make me so mad. I would pay for a private doctor if I could just find a decent one....
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
That just sounds so typical. They all seem to have the same attitude - build up your resistance and let your body heal itself! Like, hello, why are YOU here, then, DOCTOR?

Give me the SA system of paying your doctor (be in Medical Aid or not). At least they give you your 15 minutes, listen to you, examine you, and actually TREAT your complaint! The NHS GP's make me feel as though they are doing me a favour.
WOW! So it is not just me???

I thought I was the only mad one around!!! Being a woman, we generally know when something is "wrong"..... so off I went to the Doc, so that they could check my endo... well usually in SA, they gave me an internal sonar and could pinpoint straight away if there were any cysts etc... not these stupid cattle doctors, no... they would rather cut a piece out of you, without the aneastetic and tell you that you will get your results in 6 weeks?? I dread to think how long blood tests must take!!! What if something serious is wrong... do they care... NO! :mad:

I would gladly pay for a private doctor, somebody who would give me the time of day and who actually cared about how I feel.Sad Sad Sad
Beans
I have never had any problems with the NHS at all. The majority of the doctors who are not based in hospitals are actually self employed. I am fortunate to have a fantastic female doctor who takes time to explain things properly and she also listens. I have never had to wait more than 24 hours for a non emergency, and when I have been really ill, i have got an appointment within a few hours of phoning the surgery.
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
I saw my female doctor this morning for a "chat" about something, and she upset me so much I left there in tears. What an evil, miserable, rude b1tch. I will never see her again if i can aviod her!! ALL the docs I have had here have had the worst "bedside" manner. Never get up from their desks, talk over you.

Last year, something went wrong with my achilles tendon, and the doc I saw wouldn't even touch it! She said I was fine, and should just let it get better by itself! Grrr they make me so mad. I would pay for a private doctor if I could just find a decent one....

Do you only have one gp in the practice you go to? If there is more than one, why dont you ask to see another one?