Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daffodils
The daffodils in the coldest corner of my garden are flowering already Big Grin Spring has come early to my garden, how about yours?
Flowering? Wow, that IS early! Big Grin

Mine are about 4 inches out of the ground, but nowhere near budding. Snowdrops are out, and the crocuses are looking promising.
Nothing noticeable this end yet. Trees and some shrubs are budding, and a few bushes have flowers on, but the bulbs are still dormant. Have seen a few bumblebees about though, which is highly irregular, and there are reports of blackbirds nesting in parts of the country already.
My daffs are just starting to flower now. But the ones alongside the roads have been for over a week now. They are beautiful mixed with crocuses. Lovely and springlike!

At last! Confusedunny:
Crocuses have been in flower for about 10 days now and the first of the daffs have now just started to flower.

What is amazing about this is these were not established bulbs, I only planted them in late November last year, so to come on this fast we must have had a mild winter (true, I know there is nothing mild about the winter this week!).

Stroll on Spring!
Just hope this sudden cold spell will not harm my daffodils and tulips.....

Up to now even some of the geraniums have not suffered the winter cold...

Sad
Some Daffodils that i have outside my front door, started to flower at the beginning of February already.....The ones that are planted in the garden, are just coming into bloom, the crocuses are almost finished and most of my clematis and shrubs are budding already.........I never can make up my mind if it is early or not, every year i think the same thing......perhaps i should start a diray and write down at what time of year what happened this year and then compare it to next spring! Big Grin
The Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay -
Love isn't love till it's given away......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daffodils Pronkertjie 0 2,576 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: