Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's been known to niggle
Hi Ladies!

My first real recollection which was about four years ago...cos I am a 'newbie' was when I used to sit right at the back of the church and someone said to me, God works from the back to the front....boy! the next week I was on the front row....I did not really feel like talking to him at that stage....had this feeling that he was not impressed with me Big Grin

Now I know better and whenever I look at nature, I know He has the most incredible imagination and creative flair.....I have told you befor Joan...only human's make straight lines...God is far too creative for straight lines....so he gave you the magnolia!

Quote:Originally posted by Joan
I have only come upon this thread now, sorry to interupt you two!!

I did my apprenticeship in Pretoria ( oh I know one does not call it an apprenticeship if you are a graduate and a professional nowadays, but I was a plain young appy working very hard indeed!!!) for a Jewish man...
I used to travel to work with him and I will never forget the morning he put a beautiful white Magnolia flower in my lap and said........... some people still say there is no God...
Quote:Originally posted by Sue Johnson
Hi Ladies!

My first real recollection which was about four years ago...cos I am a 'newbie' was when I used to sit right at the back of the church and someone said to me, God works from the back to the front....boy! the next week I was on the front row....I did not really feel like talking to him at that stage....had this feeling that he was not impressed with me Big Grin

Now I know better and whenever I look at nature, I know He has the most incredible imagination and creative flair.....I have told you befor Joan...only human's make straight lines...God is far too creative for straight lines....so he gave you the magnolia!
And Sue..........He gave us love, a sense of humour, friends, life,so much more!!!!

:daisy:

I do not think humans can even make straight lines, without God's help us humans can do nothing!!
Morning

Sunday a friend sent me an sms. It said read Luke V 14 26:30 The scripture refer's to the cost of being a disciple and after reading it, I began to think back to the time when I gave my life to the Lord. In all honesty, at that point, I had not a clue as to what I was going to be asked. I was too focussed on me and my own issues.

Throughout the last four years, my focus has gradually moved from me to others. I no longer think about me, because He changed all that. In moving to this new place in faith, you realise as you look back, the transformation that has taken place in your life and what it has cost.

But the price He paid, was the ultimate price, His life. We are also asked to lose our lives and too pick up our cross, if we truly want to follow Him. There will be a cost when we make that decision, and the question we all have to ask ourselves is, " Am I prepared to pay the cost? ".

Was I prepared back then?, I doubt it, I was so new and a ' baby ' in faith.

Everyday as we pick up the cross, are we prepared for the cost? Are we prepared to stand with Christian values in a world that constantly encourages it's own values? These values are very often the exact opposite to what Christians are to value. I find myself constantly challenged and daily the decision is, will I pay the cost?

Sue