Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's unconditional love!
I have very special and fun guests visiting from SA at the moment. It is her first trip overseas, and at the dinner table they bubbled over sharing where they were and what they did.

His mother was my best friend donkeys years ago and she died when he was eleven. He was the only child, and the hurt, pain and anger that she died took him on a journey that brought a lot of pain to his father, family and friends.

As they were sharing their experiences he suddenly change the conversation and said that so many people are travelling from one place to the next, seeking for inner peace and never gets it, "want Tannie, net God kan innerlike vrede bring." - only God can give you inner peace.

As I was looking in his eyes, I realised that he has received God's grace love and found true peace. Wow!

:hartlik:
God bless him! :lovef:
Quote:Originally posted by oe-la-la
God bless him! :lovef:

Oe-la.... I've spent some time with him again tonight - he shared that journey with me, and when he came to the point where he truly had an encounter with the love of God he just wept... it was so precious. He and is wife as so peaceful - so wonderful to see. They are both talented artists and he is also an architect.

God is good, and His love endures forever!

:daisy:
When the Father holds you in His arms...

Sometimes the world tries to cut in and we turn toward the distraction. Sometimes we hear the music of another land or choose the trappings of a lesser lover. Sometimes we don't believe that the Lord of the Dance is truly in love with us or that He sees us and desires a lifetime of love with us. And then sometimes it feels as though we're trying to dance, but the walls cave in and the floor gives way and we aren't really sure what just happened. Winds are blowing and a storm is raging and you can hear things like:

I never really loved you.
I'm so sorry, but your son has leukemia.
You have this afternoon to clean out your desk.
The tumor is malignant.
The only option is bankruptcy.
I'm filing for divorce.
Mom, I'm pregnant.

What I can promise you is that when hurricane winds blow, the Father holds you close. You are tethered by His great love and devotion. In one of the darkest places I have ever know, the Lord is holding on to me in amazing and gracious ways.

Quote:Originally posted by Pronkertjie

Sometimes the world tries to cut in and we turn toward the distraction. Sometimes we hear the music of another land or choose the trappings of a lesser lover. Sometimes we don't believe that the Lord of the Dance is truly in love with us or that He sees us and desires a lifetime of love with us. And then sometimes it feels as though we're trying to dance, but the walls cave in and the floor gives way and we aren't really sure what just happened. Winds are blowing and a storm is raging and you can hear things like:

The tumor is malignant.
I'm filing for divorce.
Mom, I'm pregnant.

What I can promise you is that when hurricane winds blow, the Father holds you close. You are tethered by His great love and devotion. In one of the darkest places I have ever know, the Lord is holding on to me in amazing and gracious ways.

Lovely :lovef:
Hi Rita

Thankyou....Today I needed this reminder :wings:

Quote:Originally posted by Pronkertjie

The tumor is malignant.
I'm filing for divorce.
Mom, I'm pregnant.

Guess we all know that He loves us.... sometimes it is just special when He confirms it Smile

Reading through this has given me that "lift" I needed this morning, as the past few days seem to have weighed heavily on my shoulders.
Always enjoy life - and remember there is always someone worse off than yourself - treat others as you yourself would want to be treated.
Quote:Originally posted by Oom Rob
Reading through this has given me that "lift" I needed this morning, as the past few days seem to have weighed heavily on my shoulders.

Sorry to hear this Oom Rob.

Trust that this coming week will bring more joy!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's easier to label than to love Sue Johnson 1 2,732 05-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Ameniatha