Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printer Advice Please
I have a Lexmark Z45 printer. Recently whenever I have wanted to print anything I have a sign flashing up "insert cartridge" indicaing that the colour cartridge is missing. Normally taking it out and putting it back in suffices. Last week I bought a new black cartridge and a new colour cartridge - I inserted both into the printer but now it just flashes "insert cartridges" no matter how many times I take them out and put them back in. So I put the old cartridges back in and it is still flashing up "insert cartridges" - can anyone help me or adnose me how I can sort this problem out or do I have serious problems with my printer?
Always enjoy life - and remember there is always someone worse off than yourself - treat others as you yourself would want to be treated.
Howzit Oom

Try this

When the Solution Center is opened, you may receive a message that the black cartridge is not installed or recognized, or the option may be disabled. To resolve this, you need to uninstall the current driver:

Disconnect the USB cable from the back of the printer.
Click on Start, Programs (Windows XP: All Programs), Lexmark Z45.
Click on Uninstall Lexmark Z45.
Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Restart the PC
Download the latest driver for the Lexmark Z45 from the Lexmark website and install it.

Hope this helps

Hope to see you Sat Wink

MarkBig Grin
Here is link for latest driver for Z45

http://www.lexmark.com/channel/frameset/...en,00.html

Wink
Mark this is really appreciated - I am just about to take the 'horse' for his afternoon walk and then I will try it. Have a safe trip up.
Always enjoy life - and remember there is always someone worse off than yourself - treat others as you yourself would want to be treated.
Quote:Originally posted by Oom Rob
Mark this is really appreciated - I am just about to take the 'horse' for his afternoon walk and then I will try it. Have a safe trip up.

LOL u mean the horse is taking you for a walk Wink
Thank you Mark - it worked!! (He [Naz] is even bigger than when you last saw him and he is very strong).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canon Printer Not Printing In Colour Bean of Love 1 3,656 01-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Bean of Love
  New Laptop / Notebook Advice Bean of Love 2 4,253 14-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Bean of Love
  Bytes - any advice appreciated sooibrand 10 7,955 03-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Last Post: picanin
  printer suggestions Jangar 2 3,002 21-03-2004, 02:41 AM
Last Post: picanin