Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Maureen - tell us a little
about yourself, please?

I see you were interested in the Jeremy Taylor music?

look forward to hearing more
Hello! And I must apologise for not saying hello to you all before!
I am from SA, but living in the UK for 7 years now.
I work too many hours and dont have enough time to indulge my passions, cooking, music and reading.
I have loved Jeremy Taylor since I was a little kid, and have managed to get both Lift Girls Lament and Ag Pleez DAddy on MP3 but I am missing the "female and posh" version
I sometimes miss the old country but I am too afraid of going back there for a holiday in case I get home sick - it wasnt easy coming over to the UK and I cant face another big move again, still when I am feeling restless I put on Jeremy Taylor, Mango Groove, Barry Hilton and I feel much better again.
I am so pleased I found this forum, its always nice to make contact with other Saffers feeling a little like a square peg in a round hole!
Hope to spend many happy hours reminissing etc with you all!
*hugs*
Maureen
hello Maureen, you've probably started a "favourite SA music" thread coupled with a "what I miss about SA" thread all in on here Smile
I have Ipi Tombi Original Cast Recording (on vinyl) which brings back a lot of memories (but you need a few years behind you for this to work :haha: )
btw, we often refer to this place as the muddy island, but it's never lived up to that reputation like it is now!!
hopefully you've been here long enough to have experienced one of our long, hot summers which is some compensation for the long dark winters!
Cool
Ade Wrote:hopefully you've been here long enough to have experienced one of our long, hot summers
Cool

Which one was that? The three week summer in 1999 or the 2 and a half week summer in 2002?
...actually I was thinking of the 1 and a half weeks in 2004...
:haha:
Ade Wrote:...actually I was thinking of the 1 and a half weeks in 2004...
:haha:

See how easy it is to forget the good times?:mmm: