Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Cholesterol...
Boy, i am not impressed!! I went to doctor last week, for a suspected ulcer or gastritis, he sent me for blood tests, and now wants to see me on Tuesday - as my tests came back - high cholesterol!! I am shocked as i hardly eat anything relating to fat, i grill and bake all my meat, chicken, use olive oil for everything, i do not have margarine or butter on my bread!! I phoned my Mom today to see if she or my Dad suffered from cholesterol, no..but my Dad's family has cholesterol problems. At the moment i do not know what my count is, but i presume maybe 6??

I guess it could be the stressful life i live!! :bigcry:
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
Boy, i am not impressed!! I went to doctor last week, for a suspected ulcer or gastritis, he sent me for blood tests, and now wants to see me on Tuesday - as my tests came back - high cholesterol!! I am shocked as i hardly eat anything relating to fat, i grill and bake all my meat, chicken, use olive oil for everything, i do not have margarine or butter on my bread!! I phoned my Mom today to see if she or my Dad suffered from cholesterol, no..but my Dad's family has cholesterol problems. At the moment i do not know what my count is, but i presume maybe 6??

I guess it could be the stressful life i live!! :bigcry:

Cubbie, you may have a genetic form of hypercholesterolaemia....

As long as the HDL is higher than the LDL, which should show up in the bloodtests, you have nothing to worry about... if it is not the case, you also have little to worry about as there are wonderful drugs that manage high cholesterol levels nowdays, they are the statin drugs. They all have side effects, like any other medication has, but wait until you have the results and let us know what the outcome is.
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
Cubbie, you may have a genetic form of hypercholesterolaemia....

As long as the HDL is higher than the LDL, which should show up in the bloodtests, you have nothing to worry about... if it is not the case, you also have little to worry about as there are wonderful drugs that manage high cholesterol levels nowdays, they are the statin drugs. They all have side effects, like any other medication has, but wait until you have the results and let us know what the outcome is.

Joan, my count was 6.25 - but i need to have more blood tests tomorrow morning, so i fast tonight..to get a more accurate result...she said it was not too serious?? what do u think??

they picked up helibactear (sp?) gastritis - so have been given a Heliclear Triple Pack and on other medicationas well...eish..i am rattling....Rolleyes
Joan, my count was 6.25 - but i need to have more blood tests tomorrow morning, so i fast tonight..to get a more accurate result...she said it was not too serious?? what do u think??

they picked up helibactear (sp?) gastritis - so have been given a Heliclear Triple Pack and on other medicationas well...eish..i am rattling....Rolleyes

Cubbie, this bacterium Helicobacter pylorii, is often associated with peptic ulcers. The treatment is quite harsh and you may feel worse ( and may even need a second course) but do not give up, finish the tablets!

Your cholesterol is high, but it depends on the ratio between good and bad cholesterol!

Strongs with the rattling ol' body...Wink
Cubbie, this bacterium Helicobacter pylorii, is often associated with peptic ulcers. The treatment is quite harsh and you may feel worse ( and may even need a second course) but do not give up, finish the tablets!

Your cholesterol is high, but it depends on the ratio between good and bad cholesterol!

Strongs with the rattling ol' body...Wink

ja i looked at the pamphlet she gave me, it is Helicobacter Pylori Rolleyes bloody hell, you know how sorre my tummy is , ic an barely sleep..:bigcry: yes i will persevere with the muti, anything to get better..i am going for anther blood test this morning-i had to fast last night Rolleyes are peptic ulcers serious??
ja i looked at the pamphlet she gave me, it is Helicobacter Pylori Rolleyes bloody hell, you know how sorre my tummy is , ic an barely sleep..:bigcry: yes i will persevere with the muti, anything to get better..i am going for anther blood test this morning-i had to fast last night Rolleyes are peptic ulcers serious??

Peptic ulcers can be found in stomach or duodenum and yes they can become serious ...

Sad
Peptic ulcers can be found in stomach or duodenum and yes they can become serious ...

Sad

eish...we will see once this muti is finished...Sad

Hi Cubs ..... those drugs for HPylori are potent .... you will need to replace the good flora with live yogurt and/or acidophylus capsules ... good luck .... I can give u a link to a chat site for HPylori if u like ... pm me if u want it Wink
Quote:Originally posted by sunny
Hi Cubs ..... those drugs for HPylori are potent .... you will need to replace the good flora with live yogurt and/or acidophylus capsules ... good luck .... I can give u a link to a chat site for HPylori if u like ... pm me if u want it Wink

Yes they are "potent"...

In the UK they make use of either Heliclear or Helimet.

It is sometimes necessary to undergo a second course.

Just listen to what your doctor says and stick to the regimen, whether it is unpleasant or not, it is worthwhile.

Wink
Quote:Originally posted by sunny

ta sunny, i would appreciate that link in a pm....:thumbs: although i have finished the course, my tummy is still hurting, so off to the doctor again, i think i might have to swallow the camera this time to see if i do have an ulcer or anything else...Sad

i did good flora with it, i never take antibiotics without acidophylus, call me paranoid but my Mom taught me - as she never goes without her interflora at home either....Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cholesterol Joan 8 4,879 16-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Last Post: jewels