Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Cholesterol...
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
Sunny , these products are made especially for to lower high levels of cholesterol, I used the brand name of one, the other one is called Benecol.
Probitiotics are diferent things ( I think!!!) all together!

Confusedunny:

:thumbs:
Quote:Originally posted by sunny
Shame Joan ... not such good news then .... well hopefully when the thyroid pills kick in ... u will be rearing to go Wink .... I also need to get my cholestrol checked .... had bloods done not long ago and forgot to ask for that to be done :wall:

Had the results from my last "fasting cholesterol" tests, it is still far too high, but fortunately for me the HDL is much higher than the LDL, so I am still in the green zone, can carry on with my Pro-Activ and Benecol and keep on taking the healthy food I am... so glad I do not have to take any of the statins!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cloud9:
Got results back yesterday from doctor, cholesterol is 6.6 - now doctor says i should follow a low fat diet -

now i follow this low fat diet

1. will i lose weight with this diet as well? (as this is cholesterol related - bear with me if i sound doff Rolleyes )

2. how soon after i start doing this diet, do i need to be tested again?

3. because of my high blood pressure, will it lower it??

4. what kind of foods should i be eating?

red meat to be avoided - what else should i be really
be avoiding - i do not have butter or margarine on my bread..
so no worries there..Smile

as for my tummy problems - told him i am still experiencing burning pains just below the chest area, and getting lots of heart burn, he said it was because of the ailment i had - i was still bound to have burning which will work itself out eventually but he then gave me Pantaprazole for 28 days....basically antacid tablet - am i right Joan??
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
Got results back yesterday from doctor, cholesterol is 6.6 - now doctor says i should follow a low fat diet -

now i follow this low fat diet

1. will i lose weight with this diet as well? (as this is cholesterol related - bear with me if i sound doff Rolleyes )

2. how soon after i start doing this diet, do i need to be tested again?

3. because of my high blood pressure, will it lower it??

4. what kind of foods should i be eating?

red meat to be avoided - what else should i be really
be avoiding - i do not have butter or margarine on my bread..
so no worries there..Smile

as for my tummy problems - told him i am still experiencing burning pains just below the chest area, and getting lots of heart burn, he said it was because of the ailment i had - i was still bound to have burning which will work itself out eventually but he then gave me Pantaprazole for 28 days....basically antacid tablet - am i right Joan??

Pnatoprazole is what is known as a PPI, proton pump inhibitor, in other words, it prevents the release of HCl into the stomach (hydrochloric acid)... so yes, it is an antacid, but not one that neutralises acids)
You will loose weight cubbie on the diet needed to lower cholesterol and I know you are petite and do not really want to or need to loose weight, however, have you thought of using Bencol or Pro-activ products to lower the bad cholesterol and boost the good cholesterol?
In combination with a healthy diet of course.
Eat foods that are low in animal fats (saturated animal fats)... you can eat saturated plant fats like olive oil, coconut etc.
There will be many a website available to give you guidance on healthy foods and diets for lowering cholesterol.

Hope the little I said helps.............Smile
Pnatoprazole is what is known as a PPI, proton pump inhibitor, in other words, it prevents the release of HCl into the stomach (hydrochloric acid)... so yes, it is an antacid, but not one that neutralises acids)
You will loose weight cubbie on the diet needed to lower cholesterol and I know you are petite and do not really want to or need to loose weight, however, have you thought of using Bencol or Pro-activ products to lower the bad cholesterol and boost the good cholesterol?
In combination with a healthy diet of course.
Eat foods that are low in animal fats (saturated animal fats)... you can eat saturated plant fats like olive oil, coconut etc.
There will be many a website available to give you guidance on healthy foods and diets for lowering cholesterol.

Hope the little I said helps.............Smile

Bencol and pro-activ products - what are those??
Bencol and pro-activ products - what are those??

They are products meant to lower LDL and to increase HDL - you buy them in your supermarket. Our Sainsburys only stocks the spread and the yogurt (Pro-activ) - made by Flora

Wink

Benecol (sorry I typed it all incorrectly last night) is another product like Pro-Activ
http://www.floraproactiv.com/product-range/index.stm
http://www.floraproactiv.com/product-range/index.stm

ta for the link...i shall have a look and start planning my recipes....:thumbs:

Just a thought Joan, for those dieting, would it not make sense to go on these type of diets ?? Wink
ta for the link...i shall have a look and start planning my recipes....:thumbs:

Just a thought Joan, for those dieting, would it not make sense to go on these type of diets ?? Wink

I would think so....

The pro-activ website gives you healthy eating habits,much like Weight Watchers do.......Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cholesterol Joan 8 4,773 16-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Last Post: jewels