Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Buying - You Have To Be Crazy!
I am so sorry to hear the hell you are going through with your new home......

I would also change the lockes, and flog the fruit machine to cover the cost of any repairs.

The previous owner of our last house had it in writing that he would leave his dishwasher, and whilst we do not need it as we have our own, it was in the contract. Needless to say he took it with him when he left, and so we have contacted our lawyers. Some people are just so unbelievably 'scaly'.

I hope it all comes right soon. You really do not need this stress! :hug:
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Bean of Love Wrote:Spam... I know what you are saying that it happens in SA too, but there you are better protected... I used to work for Conveyancers in SA and things are a lot less complicated than here. In SA you get paid occupational rent

Hi Bean ... sorry to hear what happened ... in SA we bought and sold a few houses ... one we bought on suspensive sale from an investor ... biggest mistake of our lives ... he pulled a fast one .. long story short ... we asked him to extend the contract by 6 months ... he happily agreed and said he would have it put in writing ... we continued to pay .. making sure we never missed a payment ... after about three months of keep asking for the extension ... we sold it ... got a buyer virtually the day we put it on the market ... we moved into the next house we had bought .. and suddenly get a phone call from the guy we were waiting for the altered contract from ... to say .. unless we pay him a further R50 000 ... he will not sign the transfer of the house into our name to enable us to sign it over to our buyer .... and so the fight began ... we ended up losing our buyer ... and eventually agreeing to give the scoundral another R30 000 to get the damn thing sold ... it was a bitter experience and a lot of money back then to lose ... we heard afterwards ... he had a bad name for crooking people ... usually through suspensive sales ... I'm afraid where ever u buy ... u will get sharks and u have to be aware of this ... one other thing ... even if u think u have all the keys ... u have no guarantee spares were not made ... so yes I also would say ... change the locks anyway :thumbs:
I just wanted to say thank you for all your support!

We are now in, and semi-settled, appart from all the boxes and no space Smile

We have replaced the boiler and we have also replaced the oven, 'coz as I mentioned, I ended up standing with the oven door in my hand...

Hahaha that all sounds so funny now, but at the time, it was anything but.

I am happy now in my own home, and will start on the baby's room soon as the time is running out for me to do this!

A big thank you, again, for all your support!
Beans

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving house gwasi 0 2,486 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: