Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are
all the parents out there, dealing with any questions that come about from today's events in London? :dazed:

I've put a news ban on the TV - I shall only watch once he is in bed.

The little girl next door kindly told him that we were all most likely to die. I hadn't mentioned the events as I didnt' think it necessary.

But now, I've sat down and answered his questions. Told him that the family are safe (his main concern was my Nana) and that we are all okay.

his next question was if we would still have the Olympics!
In love there are two things - bodies and words.
I know how you feel Cali my eldest son is 4 and he asked me today if the people on the train were dead!!!
I couldn't believe that he even knew the word dead....what do you do what do you say?????????????
:confused:
That man Raj Persuad has said that you shouldn't really be telling them anything, however i dont' think that's an option. If your child goes to school - someone will say something to them. Some of the older boys at my son's school were quite vicious in their opinions and apparently made some of the younger kiddies quite upset. Connor was armed with the 'facts' as I had told him and was able to console the younger ones.

Today I took him on a train, only one stop and nowhere near london = just because I wanted him to see that there was nothing going on.
In love there are two things - bodies and words.