Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am so touched by this story....
I heard this story this morning and just want to share it with you...

A friend from London called me this morning. Her husband is a Pastor at a church in London. The Sunday after the bombing he noticed that one of church members arrived at the service really late.

After the service he checked on her to see if she was doing okay and they heard this story.

This Saffer girl arrived in London three months ago. She lives near King's Cross station and for the last three months she got into the first carriage everyday on her way to work.

However, the morning of the bombing, there were more people than usual and someone with a megaphone asked them to move down. She then got into a carriage further down - and that saved her life. Immediately after the explosion the black man, sitting next to her, took her hand and comforted her. He told her how to breath, spoke words of peace to her. When they finally were able to get out, he helped her out and guided her all the way upstairs - still holding her hand. Unfortuantely she lost him once they got outside. I wonder if he was an :engel:

She was cover with black smoke from head to toe. She had to find her way home but was totally disorientated - which was expected. She went into a Bank as asked the way. Fortunately they cleaned her up and took care of her.

Something that stays with her, is the eyes of those in the carriage with her. Some were so full of fear, while others were at peace. Then there were those that reacted out of shock and started to argue.

:daisy:
Thanks for sharing that one ! Wow this is really touching and certainly one of the good stories to come out of the tragic events !
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
It's a lovely story. So nice to see people coming together in a time of sorrow and tragedy.
Truely wonderful ........... !!!

:wings:
Truely wonderful...guardian :engel:
Have you guys read Rachel's dairy yet ?

She stopped now but still a great read. :thumbs:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4670099.stm
..God will bless the person helping his fellow human being.

God is great and so is His love, despite what we may think at times
Out of that awful tragedy how wonderful it is to read a story that really touches one so very much. To that 'black man' whoever you are and wherever you are God Bless You.
Always enjoy life - and remember there is always someone worse off than yourself - treat others as you yourself would want to be treated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Morning Story Sue Johnson 0 2,521 03-03-2005, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Sue Johnson