Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I learnt something new today....
..... of course I am a bit behind times, but will tell you what I have learnt anyhow ......

I discovered that if I drag the GlobalBuzz-sa icon from the URL at the top to my links bar I can go to it directly without making it my homepage.

Customizing the Links Bar

Tip
Did you know that you can customize the Links bar in the browser? You can add or remove shortcuts, rearrange the order of shortcuts, and even change the icons associated with them. Here's how:

To add a shortcut to the Links bar
Drag the Web page's icon from the Address bar directly to the Links bar. Or drag any link from a Web page, your Favorites bar, or your desktop onto the Links bar.

Confusedurfing:
Excellent Pronkertjie. I always say you learn something new everyday.

Did you know if you want a really accessible shortcut, you can drag the icon to your desktop, then you have an icon on the desktop to go directly to the webpage.
popeye Wrote:Excellent Pronkertjie. I always say you learn something new everyday.

Did you know if you want a really accessible shortcut, you can drag the icon to your desktop, then you have an icon on the desktop to go directly to the webpage.

Oh dear, don't confuse me..... one thing at a time Confusedkate:

Thanks Popeye!
Yo Pronks!
Quote:I discovered that if I drag the GlobalBuzz-sa icon from the URL at the top to my links bar I can go to it directly without making it my homepage.
Yes, but you still have to click on the link to get there, so it isn't the same as setting it as your homepage.

If you don't want to click on anything, right-click on the link (or within your favourites) select properties, and you can select a shortcut key.
E.g. Type G and it will automatically display CTRL + ALT + G
Click OK

Now you can go to global-buzz by typing CTRL+ALT+G

Btw, I thought you were trying out Firefox. With that you can have a tab for more than 1 webpage so you can have more than 1 site as your "homepage" (each on a different tab)

popeye's suggestion is quite reasonable - depends how cluttered your desktop already is!
Alternatively you can drag the link to you start menu and drop it in there somewhere, or you can drop it onto you quicklinks if you use them (to the right of the Start button)

Personally, I just have it under my favourites....Cool
Ade Wrote:Btw, I thought you were trying out Firefox. With that you can have a tab for more than 1 webpage so you can have more than 1 site as your "homepage" (each on a different tab)

any tips on how to achieve this, please?

ok:
Well..... the way it works now is quicker than typing anything.....

One gentle click and voila..... GBSA shows up..... it looks like a little page with te GBSA icon on it..... and sitting next to the Firefox shortcut and my Microsoft Outlook icon......
TheDuck Wrote:any tips on how to achieve this, please?
Arrange the pages you want, each on its own tab
(File/New Tab, or if you have a link to it right-click/Open in new Tab)

And then Tools/Options/General [Use Current Pages]
Pronkertjie Wrote:Well..... the way it works now is quicker than typing anything.....
You mean you don't have it on your Favourites?
Ade Wrote:You mean you don't have it on your Favourites?

No.....

I opened GBSA/forums ...... dragged the GBSA icon all the way down next to "start"..... and that is it. There is this tiny white page with the GBSA icon on it.... I just click on that and it opens to Forums.... as simple as that.

Don't tell me I taught you something today :p Big Grin
Oh, I forgot to say....

I use Firefox of course Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have You Played With A Penguin Today? AKA The Linux Help Thread! picanin 23 10,420 22-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Hampshire Hog