Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've lost my luggage
dudette Wrote:Oh dear Blommie! I hope you get it back soon... :mmm:

I'll be calling them soon!
there is a lot to be said for hand luggage methinks
may you all lead interesting lives, also, may you fall in love with africa
Sorry to hear it's lost, what a pain. Last time I flew back from SA I had bought this lovely giraffee made of raffia (sp). My brother in law duly wrapped him in bubble wrap and made a box for him. Got to Heathrow, no Giraffe. Strangely I had a good sense of humour after a bit of a nightmare flight. Went to lost property to enquire about him ... saying I was worried he would get hungry ... needless to say the bloke behind the counter had absolutely no sense of humour :crylol: He ( the giraffe) arrived on my doorstep three days later and has pride in my lounge!
Oh shame! :eek: And, of course, we take all our essential stuff with us when we go away. :wall:

A woman I knew a few years ago lost her luggage when she went on holiday to Egypt. She had to do an entire camel trek in the sundress & sandals she'd travelled in as she didn't have time to replace anything before the trek started. :duh:

I hope they find your luggage, Pronks. :hug:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Thanks Venus.

Just called them again "We are trying our best to find it......."

How can a suitcase just disappear?
:mmm:
Hope u get the luggage soon..... :cloud9:

My one case got "mislaid" at Heathrow in April on our way to SA for a wedding...one suitcase had my dress in and and the other suitcase had my hubby's suit in, so we were taking bets in who was going to the wedding without proper dress.... :crylol: :crylol: luckily it arrived as we were querying..... :jive:
Pronkertjie Wrote:Thanks Venus.

Just called them again "We are trying our best to find it......."

How can a suitcase just disappear?
:mmm:

Unfortunately the IATA rules only allow for compensation from the airline of US$20 per kilogram for lost luggage as I found out when my luggage disappeared on the way back from SA. I hope that your luggage arrives, or that you have good travel insurance that covers lost luggage.
TracyW Wrote:Sorry to hear it's lost, what a pain. Last time I flew back from SA I had bought this lovely giraffee made of raffia (sp). My brother in law duly wrapped him in bubble wrap and made a box for him. Got to Heathrow, no Giraffe. Strangely I had a good sense of humour after a bit of a nightmare flight. Went to lost property to enquire about him ... saying I was worried he would get hungry ... needless to say the bloke behind the counter had absolutely no sense of humour :crylol: He ( the giraffe) arrived on my doorstep three days later and has pride in my lounge!

lol Tracy

I hope my suitcase will arrive at my doorstep too! I collect teacups and bought pretty ones for next to nothing at a charity shop..... plus I was given two from the couple whose farewell party I went to..... plus a precious book is in there! Sad I am also doing a cross stitch for friends and have done quite a few hours of work on that too...... all in the suitcase!

Maybe today..... I have faith it will show up!
slayer Wrote:Unfortunately the IATA rules only allow for compensation from the airline of US$20 per kilogram for lost luggage as I found out when my luggage disappeared on the way back from SA. I hope that your luggage arrives, or that you have good travel insurance that covers lost luggage.

No, I didn't take out insurance Sad Can kick myself. Travel quite a lot and something like this only happened once before, a few years ago.

I flew from Amsterdam via Brussels and my luggage didn't arrive. They told me I can spend some money to buy clothes. The fashion in A'dam was so different from SA and I just couldn't make up my mind. I bought PJ's some underwear and something else. Went back to Woolies to try something on again, walked out of the fitting room and forgot my parcel in the cubicle. Turned back immediately and by then it was just gone!!! I ended up talking to the manager, but he couldn't help me. Decided that I had enough of this, bought one piece of underwear and went home. It was coffee time and my whole family was waiting to see what I bought. We had a good laugh when I took the little clothing out of the bag and showed it to them.

:aero:
FlyingBok Wrote:Soorrry to hear ... glad to hear it is not only happening in SA :tired:

The difference is .. in SA it would have been stolen .. end of! .. Here .. it's been lost/mixed up .. there's still hope Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aish, thought I'd lost my mates... disting 0 3,804 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: