Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Thought Id Pop In And Shout
Hi DB

How can you say he was biased when he stopped play as Barca were about to score...any decent ref would have played advantage
he may have been a crap ref but not biased
:2cents:
Ade Wrote:Hi DB

How can you say he was biased when he stopped play as Barca were about to score...any decent ref would have played advantage
he may have been a crap ref but not biased
:2cents:
He was he was he was..........
durbsboy Wrote:He was he was he was..........
You're quite right Wink

First of all he disallowed the Barcalona goal and then gave Arsenal a free kick when it was an obvious dive. This almost paid dividends until the 76th minute when Barca finally got the equaliser.

But, fair dues to the gooners, they gave it their best shot.
Ja Boet ... if Celtic needed Arsenal to win, one wonders whether you would have felt the same way

Wink

and no mention whether the sending off of Lehman was a 'mistook'

Big Grin

Anyways at least The Bhouys don't need to go thru a qualifier
TheDuck Wrote:Ja Boet ... if Celtic needed Arsenal to win, one wonders whether you would have felt the same way

Wink

and no mention whether the sending off of Lehman was a 'mistook'

Big Grin

Anyways at least The Bhouys don't need to go thru a qualifier

Yep, one can but wonder

Lehman had to go once the free kick was awarded, no arguments about that

and Yes Smile

The Bhoys (note, no u) go through and have money to spend :luck:
mcamp999 Wrote:The Bhoys (note, no u) go through and have money to spend :luck:

depends which pub U in
If the referee had stuck rigidly to the Rule Book he could have let the goal stand that Barca scored and still sent Lehman off. There is nothing in the rules that states because a goal has been scored that a player should not then be sent off.

I found many of his interpretations of the laws very strange. FIFA have made it very clear to referees that players tackling from the back must be cautioned, yet a number of times the Barca defenders went 'right through' Henry and nothing was done about it. If he had seen the situation corectly when the young Arsenal fullback 'dived' to get the free kick from which they scored, he would have to have booked him, which would have been his second yellow card therefore they would have been down to nine men.

Overall I though his performance (the referee) was very poor but he was not biased. However why was he appointed in the first place? I know a number of referees associations in Europe are asking this question and basically it all stems from a remark passed by the Batca coach prior to the Chelsea game. When Chelsea questioned his appointment to their match against Barca, the Barca coach said at the time that he was very happy about the appointment as the referee was "a very good friend of mine" - now I am not saying the referee cheated in either match, but his performances in both makes one wonder!
Always enjoy life - and remember there is always someone worse off than yourself - treat others as you yourself would want to be treated.
Well good news for all Gooner fans,Henry is staying
durbsboy Wrote:Well good news for all Gooner fans,Henry is staying

Yep, saw that this morning, hope it's true as he would be a great loss to English footy.
what would he be on

£100 000 a week

:mmm:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thought it was April 1st for a minute mcamp999 0 3,206 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: