Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kiddies Parties
I never spend more than £10 per kid, unless it is one of my girls' closest friends. Girls are so easy to buy for - get them anything girly and they will love it!

I see nothing wrong with getting a boy a book, or some clothes. Boys are not that difficult to get stuff for, I suppose - as long as it is something that has NOTHING to do with girls - they will probably be happy!

Good luck!
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
I always like to get Lego or some other construction toy - chances are he already has some and a little more wouldn't go amiss Smile
Otherwise, you can get some nice Action Man toys for around that price range.
Quote:Originally posted by Persephone

BUT I think I'll go with the action man...

Yep :thumbs: You can't go wrong with that!

Even if he already has a similar toy, they chances are very slim that you would get him one that's exactly the same.

I'm sure another action man would be most welcome. Gives him another toy to blow up with firecrackers... :haha:
Exactly what are you trying to tell us????

Sorry, I'm babbling.

I'm saying that an action man would be a good idea, as all boys like action man type toys. Take it from a boy (me)

And what I meant by the firecracker thing, is that all boys like to blow things up, I didn't mean he wouldn't like your present, jsut that that's what boys do... :haha:

Am I making sense?
Lol... we obviously don't have the same sense of humour.... or maybe I just see innocent comments as something else

Thanks for your advice all the same

Yep, I often find that my sense of humour is not very easy to put in words...

:haha:
Quote:Originally posted by edmonsta
Sorry, I'm babbling.

I'm saying that an action man would be a good idea, as all boys like action man type toys. Take it from a boy (me)

And what I meant by the firecracker thing, is that all boys like to blow things up, I didn't mean he wouldn't like your present, jsut that that's what boys do... :haha:

Am I making sense?

Please explain the satisfaction in blowing things up as you sound like my husband and boys. They have tried to explain the pleasure involved but I still think it is strange. Why on earth after having laboured for hours to build a model aircraft would you want to blow it to smithereens in seconds?
Quote:Originally posted by Jemlet
Please explain the satisfaction in blowing things up as you sound like my husband and boys. They have tried to explain the pleasure involved but I still think it is strange. Why on earth after having laboured for hours to build a model aircraft would you want to blow it to smithereens in seconds?

I'm afraid I can't help you there... Wink I just don't know the reason... it's just SO MUCH FUN!!! :haha:
whoops. nevermind.
I wouldn't advise getting anything firecracker orientated. For the simple reason that some parents don't like it. I was most annoyed when Connor got a toy gun this year for his birthday. He also got a fake snake...but it's so realistic - it's horrid! THose spiderman splat things are good fun! (Connor turned 6). He also got an Action Man book and a few other bits from his friends.

I must admit and say I've done a cop out this year... and all the parties Connor has been invited to - I've given money. £5 seems about the norm in his group.
In love there are two things - bodies and words.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parties Cali 4 4,278 23-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Cali
  Children's birthday parties.... 0 6,256 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: