Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kitty advice needed
Our cat (the three legged one) has lost a lot of weight in the space of a week, despite eating as much as ever. I have also noticed that he is drinking a lot of water lately. Any ideas as to what could be wrong?
Cats do not normally drink a lot of water. They are supposed to get most of their water from their food. Our cat (the one that diet) had a VERY similar problem when he was still a small kitten, and he was diagnosed with a kidney problem. He got antibiotics, and had to get a specific cat food, and he was fine. Till he got hit by a car, that is Sad

He went off the food, and lost a lot of weight, and drank loads of water.

Get the kitty checked out by a vet.
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Yep, off to the vet Bushbaby ......... Sad
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
Yep, off to the vet Bushbaby ......... Sad

Bang go the wages...

I know he has to go to the vet but why do they have to charge so much?
Quote:Originally posted by Bushbaby
Bang go the wages...

I know he has to go to the vet but why do they have to charge so much?

My vet charged over £500 for the whole thing...included scans, blood tests, the whole shebang!!

Thank God for pet insurance......
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
My vet charged over £500 for the whole thing...included scans, blood tests, the whole shebang!!

Thank God for pet insurance......

Will have to do the pet insurance thingy, or try to talk the Zoo vet into treating him.
Well, kitty went to the vet on Saturday - he has herpes (not communicable to humans) and gingivitis. He had to go back last night to have his teeth cleaned and claws trimmed. We have a 21 day course of treatment to give him - the powder boosts his white cell production, the liquid helps with the eyes and the third tablet just generally boosts his condition. Him choosing to be a vegetarian does not help his case much.
Shame, poor kitty!!!!

I hope he improves, and gets better soon!
--Mahatma Gandhi
Bushbaby, hope kitty is feeling better now after going to the vet.
Quote:Originally posted by Curio
Bushbaby, hope kitty is feeling better now after going to the vet.

He was falling about the house last night after he came back - even did a somersault down the stairs because he was so groggy. We eventually restricted his movements to the upstairs area. Not a happy kitty.

This morning he was trying to be all charming as he wants pellets - the vet said he can only eat tinned food for a day or two but he really does not like the stuff. We have compromised and soaked some pellets in hot water - he does not really like it but is nibbling on it from time to time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Persistant Right Aortic Arch - Labrador puppy - advice and tips please Cheffie 29 12,990 13-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Cheffie